This is going to be the longest week of my life

Adsike

Just ordered my laptop from PCS.
Just wanted some recent feedback of how long your laptop took to come.
Im hoping its within the week bracket as the lead times say

:yawn: The waiting starts

ryafre496

Bronze Level Poster
my laptop got dispatched today. got my tracking number through. i would of thought it would be with me monday as i didnt pay for sat shipping.im hoping for tomo delivery but, ill go to work tomo and be rushing to get back home and nothing will be there. then ill be sad for the weekend.

Adsike

Haha. Bless you, yeah IF it is 7 days then. I'm going to have to wait untill the 20th because i didn't pay for Saturday delivery. Which for me is perfect becuase my birthday is on the 21st :p

Rakk

The Awesome
my laptop got dispatched today. got my tracking number through. i would of thought it would be with me monday as i didnt pay for sat shipping.im hoping for tomo delivery but, ill go to work tomo and be rushing to get back home and nothing will be there. then ill be sad for the weekend.

If it was dispatched today it should be with you tomorrow presuming you are in the mainland UK

ryafre496

Bronze Level Poster
are you sure? i am in mainland uk. i thought it would be a couple of days for delivery. i only paid for standard delivery.

Rakk

The Awesome
are you sure? i am in mainland uk. i thought it would be a couple of days for delivery. i only paid for standard delivery.
Yep, standard delivery is next day delivery (excluding weekends), unless a problem occurs en route.

ryafre496

Bronze Level Poster
Yep, standard delivery is next day delivery (excluding weekends), unless a problem occurs en route.
oh right i was under the impression it wouldnt be delivered till monday. now work will have to fly by tomo.
the only prob i can see is its starting to snow at the min (nottingham) knowing my luck it will be thick and settle and not be delivered till tues!

Adsike

oh right i was under the impression it wouldnt be delivered till monday. now work will have to fly by tomo.
the only prob i can see is its starting to snow at the min (nottingham) knowing my luck it will be thick and settle and not be delivered till tues!

Howdy neighbour. <~~ derby, chaddesden

Corfate

Author Level

Hopefully DPD will brave the snow and whack out the snowmobiles to get your pc to you ;)

colmcq

Hopefully DPD will brave the snow and whack out the snowmobiles to get your pc to you ;)

Bizarrely for once it's not snowing in Scotland where I'm based. My pc entered quality control today so I'm hoping it'll be dispatched tomorrow. On the assumption that it goes through to the final stage tomorrow do you reckon it's possible to change the delivery to Saturday at the last minute or do they ned some notice for these things. I kno I can (and ruddy well will) phone the good folks at PCS tomorrow to ask but it's on my mind tonight and I'm here on the forums now salivating along with everybody else that's ordered a spec.

Corfate

Author Level
If you do it first thing tomorrow before it's dispatched i don't see why not :)
In response to beating Rakk:

oRD7D.gif

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
On the assumption that it goes through to the final stage tomorrow do you reckon it's possible to change the delivery to Saturday at the last minute or do they ned some notice for these things.

I believe if you ring up tomorrow you probably can change it to Saturday delivery, though obviously this has to be before it gets dispatched

Edit: oops, I got distracted half way through writing that, so I got beaten to the comment :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I believe if you ring up tomorrow you probably can change it to Saturday delivery, though obviously this has to be before it gets dispatched

Edit: oops, I got distracted half way through writing that, so I got beaten to the comment :)

I assume PCS will sent an email as soon as quality control is done,I am also in the same situation. If my order is ready to dispatch tomorrow I'd like to go for Saturday delivery.

colmcq

I assume PCS will sent an email as soon as quality control is done,I am also in the same situation. If my order is ready to dispatch tomorrow I'd like to go for Saturday delivery.

Well I got an email this morning (Saturday at 06.17) to say the pc was awaiting dispatch. AARGH!! Just missed my chance for a Saturday delivery. :( I did phone up on Friday morning and they said to wait for the awaiting dispatch email and as long as this came before around 3.30pm I'd be all set to change to a Saturday delivery. So bugger. However, although DPD don't collect on a Saturday my status changed from "Awaiting Dispatch" to "Order Dispatched" sometime this morning so what's going on?? No tracking number has been issued and I've not received any email to say it has been dispatched. I reckon it was either sent out on Friday and some early bird has come in on Saturday morning to do their paperwork or, more likely, it's still waiting to be dispatched and the order status is wrong. Factor in a 6.17am start and human error seems a lot more likely. So I think it'll be collected on Monday and arrive on Tuesday which means the missus isn't gonna see much of me on Valentine's Day. :D

Rakk

The Awesome
PC's can get dispatched on Saturdays, though as far as DPD are concerned it will not count a being dispatched til Monday, as to why you haven't got an email yet, I dunno, maybe its just taking a while to get to you.
Or of course it could be a mistake :)

colmcq

Oooh, imagine it WAS a mistake and it has actually been dispatched on Friday meaning it would arrive on Monday henceforth to be known as "the day my kids couldn't find me and had to fend for themselves".