This seems like a relevant area to post

sted

Rising Star
Who are your favourite Comedians, new and old? It can be as many or few as you like, knock yourself out!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Current Stand-ups: Tim Minchin and Eddie Izzard.

Retro Stand-ups: Peter Kay (controversial? :) )

I also really like a lot of Youtube based stuff. Black Nerd Comedy and James@War particularly. I'd definitely call them "comedians" because rarely do I not laugh :)

Plenty more I can think of that I really like, but no point listing 20 people...rather detracts from "favourite" :D

sted

Rising Star
I would say Peter Kay is a quite controversial choice, I myself don't find him to be all that funny, but I know people who do find him to be comedic. I think he was over-rated, as he was voted funniest man alive at one point IIRC. But I suppose it's down to personal preference and differences in taste between people.

I have two favourite comedians myself, one being Lee Evans and the other, who is 92 and still taking life on, Jerry Lewis. He was way before my time, but El Madre introduced me to a video on YouTube of him and IMO he earns the funniest man, but saying that I do realise there are people who do not like him. But they're just silly! :D