Though i had great service, but , i'm really disappointed with PCS

Gazzafaegreenock

Bronze Level Poster
Well i got my vortex III Elite back from RMA today for a fault i had with strange blotch on the screen(white when black, beige when white) and heres what i found. annoyed is an understatement.

would PCS like to comment on this?

void0.jpg

1F234CF1-95B8-4C7C-A50B-66E3BBD520CC-584-00000053EF11F61A.jpg

Last edited:

steaky360

Did they say they had repaired the fault? If you check your RMA status on your login it should tell you what they have done. No good that it is still there though :(

Or are you talking about the white circle in the lower centre of the second picture? I couldn't see it in the first.

Gazzafaegreenock

Bronze Level Poster
Did they say they had repaired the fault? If you check your RMA status on your login it should tell you what they have done. No good that it is still there though :(

Or are you talking about the white circle in the lower centre of the second picture? I couldn't see it in the first.

RMA says replaced, first picture the beige mark is in the exact place the white blotch is....

steaky360

Sorry I'm still confused :wacko: (its easy done), are you meaning the large blotch in the bottom right of your display, or is there now a second mark near the centre? Either way it clearly has not been replaced. I would ring PCS first thing tomorrow and get it re RMA'd. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of what has happened after a quick chat with them.

Rack

Enthusiast
I think the centre mark is the flash from the camera, at least that is what it looks like.

Gazzafaegreenock

Bronze Level Poster
Sorry I'm still confused :wacko: (its easy done), are you meaning the large blotch in the bottom right of your display, or is there now a second mark near the centre? Either way it clearly has not been replaced. I would ring PCS first thing tomorrow and get it re RMA'd. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of what has happened after a quick chat with them.

well, the first picture there is a faint beige light mark(whites are showing as beige). On the second pic the screen originally had the white mark exactly where the beige was, on the new one the light is right across the screen, im proper gutted. :(

steaky360

well, the first picture there is a faint beige light mark(whites are showing as beige). On the second pic the screen originally had the white mark exactly where the beige was, on the new one the light is right across the screen, im proper gutted. :(

Aye its not good if PCS have said they've replaced it and they haven't. Best to give them a ring and find out the story from them!

Gazzafaegreenock

Bronze Level Poster
Well complaint email send yesterday requesting a senior team member to give me a quick call........ Nothing. :(

Last edited:

PaulH

Bright Spark
Exactly what Tom has said here, sadly we dont just stare at emails as they come in - as it says in an auto reply when you send your first email to the PCS Enquiries adress it can take up to 72 hours to get a reply.

I have seen your email now, and I am looking into it, I will call you as soon as I can.

Gazzafaegreenock

Bronze Level Poster
I've suggested I would be happy to pay the £85 for the other make of screen and pcs have agreed this would be fine, so all in all I'm pretty happy again. Oh and until they come back in stock I can actually use it until then. :)

Thanks to Paul btw.

kylhan

Silver Level Poster
Hope you get it sorted m8, there's nothing worse than paying loads of money on something and it not working properly!! I feel your pain.