Thoughts on current build? (First time pc gamer)

Morgan

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get into pc gaming for the first time and have come up with this as a build. My budgets about £750 and I'm hoping to be able to play modern games on 1080p preferably high settings any help would be appreciated thanks in advance :)

Case
PCS 6003B BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad Core CPU (3.2GHz-3.4GHz/10MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME A320M-K: Micro-ATX, AM4, USB 3.0, 6GB/s
Memory (RAM)
8GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 - DVI, HDMI, 3 x DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
1st Hard Disk
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE
Power Supply
CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Keyboard & Mouse
PCS S300 USB MEDIA KEYBOARD
Mouse
PCS S300 USB OPTICAL MOUSE

Price £737.00 including VAT and delivery

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I would strongly suggest the R5 2400G as it's a better CPU for £6 more. Also it has integrated graphics unlike the R5 1400, so if your GPU ever snuffs it you'll actually be able to troubleshoot the issue - and continue to use the PC without the graphics card while waiting for a new one.

And in the unlikely event heterogeneous mgpu ever gets widely adopted you'll be able to use the onboard graphics to boost your gaming performance...

I'd suggest the RX 580 GPU over the 1060 as it supports freesync and comes with a raft of free games.

You should also strongly consider a better case, as the Engima may overly limit your upgrade options. Ideally I'd suggest the Game Max Falcon though it is £31 more. It does support larger and beefier graphics cards, has an extra fan preinstalled, built in fan controllers, more USB ports, better airflow - and RGB lighting if you like that kind of thing.

Do you need the wifi card? If you're connecting it to your router with a cable, drop the wifi adapter to claw back £9

Last edited:

Morgan

I would strongly suggest the R5 2400G as it's a better CPU for £6 more. Also it has integrated graphics unlike the R5 1400, so if your GPU ever snuffs it you'll actually be able to troubleshoot the issue - and continue to use the PC without the graphics card while waiting for a new one.

And in the unlikely event heterogeneous mgpu ever gets widely adopted you'll be able to use the onboard graphics to boost your gaming performance...

I'd suggest the RX 580 GPU over the 1060 as it supports freesync and comes with a raft of free games.

You should also strongly consider a better case, as the Engima may overly limit your upgrade options. Ideally I'd suggest the Game Max Falcon though it is £31 more. It does support larger and beefier graphics cards, has an extra fan preinstalled, built in fan controllers, more USB ports, better airflow - and RGB lighting if you like that kind of thing.

Do you need the wifi card? If you're connecting it to your router with a cable, drop the wifi adapter to claw back £9

Would the 2400G be easily compatible with that specific motherboard? I've heard the second series Ryzen CPUs need to be fiddled with to work on that motherboard?
Also the 580 is a good shout! with the games it seems good value for money :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Would the 2400G be easily compatible with that specific motherboard?
Yes
've heard the second series Ryzen CPUs need to be fiddled with to work on that motherboard?
I hadn't heard that but even if that is the case PCS build and test the systems so that they work before shipping. You won't need to do any fiddling, the CPU will just work. :)