Thoughts on relatively light work / gaming cpu it weighs 2.55kg budget of £1,100 exl vat

zandermoly

Chassis & Display
Elimina Pro Series: 16" Matte FHD+ 165Hz sRGB 100% LED Widescreen (1920x1200)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 14 Core Processor 13700H (5.0GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair 3200MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 4050 - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated 3 in 1 Card Reader (Full Size SD / SDHC / SDXC)
AC Adaptor
1 x 230W AC Adaptor
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Battery
Elimina Pro Series Integrated 62Wh Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal Paste
LIQUID METAL PERFORMANCE COOLING
Sound Card
Nahimic by SteelSeries 2 Channel HD Audio
Wireless Network Card
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
1 x USB 3.2 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.2 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard Language
ELIMINA 16" SERIES MULTI COLOUR BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
Norton 360 inc. Game Optimizer - Free 90 Day License
Browser
Microsoft® Edge
Keyboard & Mouse
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam
INTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Dead Pixel Guarantee
1 Year Dead Pixel Guarantee Inc. Labour & Carriage Costs
Chassis
TongFang GM6PG5X (6GB RTX-4050, i7-13700H, 165Hz FHD)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 3 to 5 working days
Price: £1,335.00 including VAT and Delivery

Pumpa Cat

Bronze Level Poster
Have to disagree with the utter drivel above regarding Norton.

I have been using Norton since 2001. Never had an issue with it. In the early days it was bloaty. But nowadays it runs in the background of all my PCs and laptops and I don't even notice it. To my knowledge it has never allowed any of my computers to be infected by viruses etc.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have to disagree with the utter drivel above regarding Norton.

I have been using Norton since 2001. Never had an issue with it. In the early days it was bloaty. But nowadays it runs in the background of all my PCs and laptops and I don't even notice it. To my knowledge it has never allowed any of my computers to be infected by viruses etc.
I'm afraid this is very innacurate, it's likely because you haven't used the system without it that you're saying that as you don't realise the performance you're losing. It's an utterly terrible app, and largely been labelled as malware these days.

Pumpa Cat

Bronze Level Poster
I'm afraid this is very innacurate, it's likely because you haven't used the system without it that you're saying that as you don't realise the performance you're losing. It's an utterly terrible app, and largely been labelled as malware these days.
Sorry Spyder but that's utter nonsense. I have tried various other virus packages such as Kaspersky, McAfee, Bitdefender and even Defender, and I see no issues with PC performance using Norton. I trust it fully and will continue to use it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry Spyder but that's utter nonsense. I have tried various other virus packages such as Kaspersky, McAfee, Bitdefender and even Defender, and I see no issues with PC performance using Norton. I trust it fully and will continue to use it.
Like I say, you may not see an issue, but that's not the general concensus amongst IT pros.

Pumpa Cat

Bronze Level Poster
thats you told @SpyderTracks by a talking cat 🫡
Yeah, that told him. :ROFLMAO: ;)

I'm not saying any of those non-Norton ones I have tried were bad, though I must admit to not trusting Defender. I think it's because it's free so makes me think it's not as good as paid for ones, which I acknowledge is probably incorrect.

I think I recall the predecessor to Defender being pretty poo. But if Defender is just as good then I am willing to give it a try when my Norton subscription expires.

Meow. Purr.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, that told him. :ROFLMAO: ;)

I'm not saying any of those non-Norton ones I have tried were bad, though I must admit to not trusting Defender. I think it's because it's free so makes me think it's not as good as paid for ones, which I acknowledge is probably incorrect.

I think I recall the predecessor to Defender being pretty poo. But if Defender is just as good then I am willing to give it a try when my Norton subscription expires.

Meow. Purr.
Defender is generally rated amongst the top for signature detection, far better than Norton or any other paid options.

Windows has gone the way of Mac, it's old beliefs that make you think you need 3rd party AV, but it's been totally obsolete since about 2016.

Pumpa Cat

Bronze Level Poster
Defender is generally rated amongst the top for signature detection, far better than Norton or any other paid options.
Gosh, that is news to me. I will try it, though if I am honest with you I think I'll always be paranoid that it's letting stuff creep into my computer, and that I'd probably go back to Norton even if Defender seem to do well.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Gosh, that is news to me. I will try it, though if I am honest with you I think I'll always be paranoid that it's letting stuff creep into my computer, and that I'd probably go back to Norton even if Defender seem to do well.
That's entirely up to you, pay a premium for worse protection and related system slow down

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Man just look it up yourself, Norton was literally sold to a shady crypto company that openly said they were installing a crypto miner in your computer if you install the Norton 360 app and tried to play it off as a good thing. Norton is literally malware at this point

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Man just look it up yourself, Norton was literally sold to a shady crypto company that openly said they were installing a crypto miner in your computer if you install the Norton 360 app and tried to play it off as a good thing. Norton is literally malware at this point
I'm realising that very few people actually read links when you post them, it's very frustrating.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would stick with WinXP as well, great OS :cool:

With regards to the laptop, I would probably choose to go back in time a little bit there too. I would hope you can get a better deal in a 3060 system, which from what I can tell out-performs the 4050..