Thoughts on this build for high end gaming and streaming?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I would have a little look at the Samsung G9 as well, just to put another angle in there. It's a very expensive monitor but every single enthusiast on here drools every time we see it. A few members have it and I firmly believe some of them don't even have PCs, it's THAT nice.
Got a query for you on this one, @Scott...

I’ve not done much streaming so you might know and be able to answer this. If OP is streaming from something like the G9, would his viewers have issues watching streams / recordings with that 32:9 aspect ratio?

I’m suppose if it is a problem the aspect ratio could be tweaked in settings for streaming and then back to glorious 5120x1440 for solo gaming.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The honest answer is I don't really know. What I can offer is what I think will be the case (well, it's what makes the most sense to me).

If you can imagine gaming on multi-screens as being the same thing. You take the centre area as the focal point. Everything else is for peripheral vision. What it brings to you as a gamer is a depth of field for your vision. Regardless of the size/width of the screen, the focal point is always going to be the centre square.

So.... long story short, I believe when streaming you would pick a standard aspect ratio of 16:9 (ish). You would then smack this right in the middle of your view, where the action is.

When gaming you get to see the whole width of the screen while the stream/recording is the centre portion of the action.

If you think about it, in certain ways it may make you appear like a Jedi, as if sensing things from off screen, to the untrained observer haha.

Amin

I have ordered the RTX 3080 in my build, I was just wandering is it worth changing to a 3070 to speed things up or best waiting on the 3080 which could be 2-3months!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have ordered the RTX 3080 in my build, I was just wandering is it worth changing to a 3070 to speed things up or best waiting on the 3080 which could be 2-3months!
All the cards are in short supply, it's just the way of things at the moment. The 3070 won't be any quicker than the 3080.