Thoughts on this new pc build?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes, but I was hoping that I can get high graphical setting and still get fairly decent fps
1080p is completely dead except for competitive play, they buy 1080p 244Hz monitors but drop the graphics settings to the lowest and lower the resolution to 720p, they're not interested in graphics quality, they just want as fast FPS as possible. That's the monitor you just posted so I'm trying to work out what it is you're actually after.

You want a 1440p Ultrawide, the usual contenders are:

Or for a budget one:

Dravin

My understanding is that Intel's flagship i9-9900k is still 'the best' for gaming, but Ryzen has better productivity, so better for editing, rendering, streaming etc.

There is a good video on Youtube titled "36 Games Benchmarked: Ryzen 9 3900X vs. Core i9-9900K" It is 9 months old, but the games haven't changed and nor have the chips. The i9 won 95% of the games for FPS.

There are a couple of things about your set-up that I would comment on.

GPU

Why are you going for a Super? You could save a few pennies elsewhere and get the 2080 Ti. It is a better card.

RAM

2400mhz RAM is pretty slow - it is the RAM I have in my system now, and my system is 6 years old and runs GTX 970s. There is a good video on Linus Tech Tips that explains RAM speed for the Ryzen chipset. Titled: "Watch this BEFORE buying an AMD CPU! - Every RAM Speed Tested"

There is also a video called - "Does Ram Speed REALLY matter? You might be surprised" also on youtube, watch that and you can see speed makes a difference. Why not get 3200mhz?

Also watch the Linus Tech Tips channel for any length of time and you will hear him say that 32gb is simply unnecessary, go for 16gb, I don't think 16gb of RAM is something you need to future proof yourself on, you can buy it and slot it in pretty easily if games develop and make 32gb relevant.

CASE

I did a lot of research on my case before I decided to buy it. There is a great website called Gamers Nexus, if you go look for a case you like the look of, they almost always have a review of it. They go over everything methodically and test everything, and because they have done so many cases, they are good at comparing.

That website changed my mind a number of times on what case I should get and really helped me decide on a case that I liked, had good thermals, cause that Ryzen gets hot from my understanding, and good noise levels.

They have a review of the 500D, the conclusion isn't that great, I think they sum it up like this: "The 500D looks nice and it performs okay, but for its price we’d expect to see something specifically desirable about it to make it stand out."

That's my two pence on your build.

Dravin

I forgot one.

Motherboard

There is a great video about Ryzen motherboards titled: "Best Motherboards for Ryzen 3000 CPUs: X570 vs. X470 & B450" - again from Gamers Nexus.

This is what he said about the "ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO" - don't buy this board. I see SPYDERTRACKS has pointed you towards a different board but what this guys says about the ASUS Strix X570 Gaming - F is that it should be cancelled and the Gaming - E should be lower price.

The guy goes through a bunch of motherboards, and after watching that, I personally went for the ASUS TUF Gaming x570 Plus

There is another video called: "TUF GAMING X570-Plus : Ultimately Good!" on Youtube, again goes through that single board in more detail and the couple of 'critics' that he had, were things that I didn't care about. What I liked about that review was that he basically said other TUF boards were rubbish, but this one isn't...which gives me the impression he isn't sucking up to ASUS, just being honest about the board.

So have a look at those and see which MB you think is the best.

As you can see, I went through the same process as you recently, and I spent about two and half weeks doing research on components that I thought would suit what I would use my machine for most of the time.

I went for the Ryzen 9 - 3900x, as I saved my pennies on the 3950x for a 2080 Ti. However, my machine will be games, streaming and video editing, so the extra cores for me over the i9 made sense.

Dravin

So this is the build I would recommend for you:

Case
CoolerMaster H500
Processor (CPU)
Intel i9-9900
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Zorus Pro
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
11GB ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti
1st Storage Drive
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System

If you have windows, don't buy windows, windows is free, legally, from Microsoft. Just do a google search, it is all legit, Microsoft just doesn't care about selling single use licences, it isn't worth their time, you can transport your existing windows to your new machine or upgrade to 10 for free...even though it ended in 2019, it is still there, still free.

Price: £2,569.00 including VAT and Delivery

This is suggested as a 'launching pad' for you to go and look for the best components that you think suit you the most, it is just a suggestion, as I think this rig would be better for gaming than the one you or Spyder suggested, I think it is more dedicated to game and will give better results for it.

It is also a lot closer to your original budget and leaves you £500 for a great monitor, because I agree with Spyder on that one, pointless having a great rig with a rubbish monitor.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you have windows, don't buy windows, windows is free, legally, from Microsoft. Just do a google search, it is all legit, Microsoft just doesn't care about selling single use licences, it isn't worth their time, you can transport your existing windows to your new machine or upgrade to 10 for free...even though it ended in 2019, it is still there, still free.
This isn't accurate, windows has never been free, you have to have a valid license in place. If you do then you can transfer it to a new machine. Or you can upgrade to 10 for free, the windows is not free.

Dravin

This isn't accurate, windows has never been free, you have to have a valid license in place. If you do then you can transfer it to a new machine. Or you can upgrade to 10 for free, the windows is not free.

Dravin said: "If you have windows..."

SpyderTracks said "You have to have a valid licence in place..."

I think we are saying the same thing.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Dravin said: "If you have windows..."

SpyderTracks said "You have to have a valid licence in place..."

I think we are saying the same thing.
Yes, just the way you wrote it, you need to be careful how you state things. That doesn't make windows free in any way, it just means you can transfer a license which you've already paid for. Windows is not free in any way.