Tidy PC interior

PringlesInside

Enthusiast
Hi all

Recently i bought a new gpu: EVGA 560ti FSB

When fitting it in my case, i realised how untidy and hard it is to work around in my pc case..

Had to unplug some cables from my cd /dvd rom drives!! and this case is meant to fit high end gpus//!!

Il post some pics for you to see what im talking about (tomorrow i guess)

Here is a random pic i found on OCN, i see most looking like this

DSCN0538.jpg

How do i get it like that?

Cheers

Meds

A lot depends on what case & PSU you have. More expensive cases have space behind the motherboard tray to store spare cables, you could also look at modular PSUs. With Modular PSUs you can disconnect any cables you aren't using so they don't clog up the interior of the PC.

From experience, the Maelstrom T900 isn't the best case for cable management, nor is the FSP PSU. However, with some time, good cable tying I'm sure you'll be able to improve one what the current cable management is.

BAD SANTA

The main thing is don't try to rush it, it takes time.
Plan ahead and think about length and routing of cables, but as meds has explained you have not got an ideal case or psu.
You will still be able to do a decent job but as meds said cases and psu's these days are designed specifically to achive maximum airflow and neatness.
Good luck and would love to see the pics when your done.

PringlesInside

Enthusiast
Thanks for the info.

@Meds
The T900 case is the Inwin Fanqua. Its supose to come with the "tool less" backplates to cover up the unused pci slots and stuff
I never got any. How can i talk to , to arrange them being sent down to me ?

Cheers

Meds

The tool less design isn't all it's cracked up to be if I'm honest. Basically, In-win provided plastic clips/hinges which you would use to lock the PCI Cards (e.g Graphics Card, Wireless, TV Card) instead of screws. However, the plastic is fairly flimsy and we remove it and use good old screws instead as we feel it's a much safer option when sending the PCs via courier. If a clip snapped then the GPU would be free to smash up everything else in the vicinity. It's also worth noting that some of the big Graphics Cards with big coolers are actually too big and the clips would have to removed regardless. If an end user bought the case and built into it then it'd be fine as it's not going be in a box on the back of a van and potentially being handled by people who don't care if it breaks or not.

If you want, you can call our Sales Team on 0844 499 4000 tomorrow and see if they can get a clip mechanism sent out to you but without being in the office to speak to someone I cant guarantee we'll be able to do it.

Sleinous

Author Level
If you have the money, get all the NZXT single sleeved cables for a very nice finish and easy cable management (providing you have a deep back to your case).

& its the EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB ;) courtesy of me xD

Teaz

Godlike
Didnt know about they were sold like that sleinous. REP for posting it :D

Any chance you own any?

Sleinous

Author Level
Nope but ill be buying a few for another build I plan shortly. I also need the EPS 8pin one for the family rig a sthe TX 650W power supply has a VERY short EPS cable which meant I had to drape it accross the motherboard and cpu cooler which looks ugly to be fair.

They're quite pricey and if you have the time and patience id say sleeve them yourself, youll need a heatgun, sleeving etc, this method certainly is useful if you havent the time for that but still want the super flexy - tidy cabling.

Teaz

Godlike
Do post pics and info on the ones you get :) would like to see some myself.

Plus where would you be getting them from or are you actually sleeving them yourself?

PokerFace

Banned
Hi all

Recently i bought a new gpu: EVGA 560ti FSB

When fitting it in my case, i realised how untidy and hard it is to work around in my pc case..

Had to unplug some cables from my cd /dvd rom drives!! and this case is meant to fit high end gpus//!!

Il post some pics for you to see what im talking about (tomorrow i guess)

Here is a random pic i found on OCN, i see most looking like this

DSCN0538.jpg

How do i get it like that?

Cheers

Do a 'Google' on "PC cable management" and watch a few youtube videos. You may find some usefull tips on tidying up the case. Just make sure you don't bundle up a load of cables in front of a fan or vent, as you don't want to restrict air flow. After all, good cable management is important for air flow, as well as how tidy the inside looks.

Once you have dealt with the cables, don't forget to 'Google' "PC modding", that way you can get to show off all your hard work!