Time for a new build

omgzhobbs

Ok, so its time I probably upgraded my computer, just its been so long since I last done a propa upgrade/rebuild, im a little lost on whats best and whats gonna keep me going for another 3/5 years of heavy PC usage.

My current build is;
Antec Sonata IV Case - with Antec 620W PSU
A manual controlled antec silent fan (has to be basically turned to off [low] to be quiet via a switch on the back of the case)
AMD Phenom II X4 955
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3
Corsair 8GB 1600Mhz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Module Kit (2 x 4gb)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB

I use my PC for watching films, streaming films via Plex to my TV, gaming (from 8bit games to the latest games) and also doing design and video work.. so pretty much everything which is heavy resource usage, at the moment my PC seems pretty perfect cooling wise, the only issue I wish it was silent even when having heavy usage (gaming). Also I wanna be able to keep this PC gaming ready for a few years at least, so I guess im looking for a couple of product recommendations to bring my system up to date and a little better..

I was thinking probably Nvidia 760? Or would I want a AMD this time round? Whats gonna let me play all the upcoming games the way they are ment to be played?
Guessing some more ram would be needed too, im not sure whether or not I will need a new MOB? Or even what the best silent PSU's etc are, so many say they are silent, but could be 'cheap' and not very silent..

Also is it true that a smaller case can be just as good for gaming now? I have the usual mid tower, as my ram and graphics card is quite hefty, also the CPU Cooler is a 'quieter' one which also is rather giant.. But its been so long since I done a propa upgrade, I'm not sure if things may have got smaller? Also whats the best way to get a good cooling set up, which either the PC can monitor properly or I can using a panel on the front of the case?

Any help would be great! Hope this all made sense.. :turned: