TP-LINK AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Bluetooth 5.2 PCI Express Adapter not recognised by Vortex ST-S Gaming PC

rghendley81

Hi,

I recently decided to upgrade my wi fi adapter as I have a wifi 6 router now and 300mbs fiber internet but for some reason, the card is not detectable by the PC. I have tried updating the bios to the latest version but no joy, I've tried starting up in safe mode, and still nothing. I just wanted to check that there is nothing that I should be aware of with regard to the m2_1 config vs the pciex1 slot where I have installed the new wifi card.

My specs are as follows

I just need to know if it is something to do with the PC so the adapter is not compatible or if the adapter is faulty as there shouldn't be any issues.

Many thanks in advance

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

I recently decided to upgrade my wi fi adapter as I have a wifi 6 router now and 300mbs fiber internet but for some reason, the card is not detectable by the PC. I have tried updating the bios to the latest version but no joy, I've tried starting up in safe mode, and still nothing. I just wanted to check that there is nothing that I should be aware of with regard to the m2_1 config vs the pciex1 slot where I have installed the new wifi card.

My specs are as follows

I just need to know if it is something to do with the PC so the adapter is not compatible or if the adapter is faulty as there shouldn't be any issues.

Many thanks in advance
So it's not showing in device manager?

Have you connected the usb power cable to the card?

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
As above, my guess would be the USB power cable not connected.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Far as I can tell, the only cable it comes with is the Bluetooth Header Cable:

Package contents:

"Archer TX3000E
Magnetized Antenna Base with 1m RF Cable
Two High Gain Antennas
Low-Profile Bracket
Bluetooth Header Cable
Quick Installation Guide
Resource CD"

Seems the AX3000 and TX3000E are the same thing
Yes, without the Bluetooth usb cable, the Bluetooth will draw from the pcie slot and there's not enough headroom for the WiFi card so it fails to properly power.