TPM - Changed CPU

BT81

Enthusiast
Hi

So, I've changed my CPU (3600x to 5600x)
There is a new Win11 update that has appeared in my settings. I've downloaded the update, gone to install

However, the I can't install as I do not have TPM enabled - I assume it reverted back when I swapped the CPU?

So, into the BIOS I go. Turn TPM to enable, load up the PC and...I am welcome with this message (below)

Now, from my stupidity - I bought the PC from PCs - turned it on and thought nothing of bitlocker, and recently changed the CPU and again never gave bitlocker a thought. Should I - What to do now? :) (Hopefully not swap the CPU back, then back again!)

New CPU installed. fTPM NV corrupted or fTPM NV structure changed.

Press Y to reset fTPM. If you have Bitlocker or encryption enabled, the system will not boot without a recovery key.

Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot. fTPM will not enable in new CPU, you can swap back to the old CPU to recover TPM related keys and data

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi

So, I've changed my CPU (3600x to 5600x)
There is a new Win11 update that has appeared in my settings. I've downloaded the update, gone to install

Issue with my TPM - I go into the BIOS, change it to enable, and .....warning comes up about bitlocker etc etc

Any ideas?
What's the issue, do you have bitlocker enabled? It's not very clear what the issue is?

BT81

Enthusiast
I will check - I suspect I haven’t - I’ll screen shot what appears on the screen

Agreed - I have been super vague in fairness

BT81

Enthusiast
I keep getting this message when I boot up

I suppose the question is - Where do I find the bitlocker key??

New CPU installed. fTPM NV corrupted or fTPM NV structure changed.
Press Y to reset fTPM. If you have Bitlocker or encryption enabled, the system will not boot without a recovery key.
Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot. fTPM will not enable in new CPU, you can swap back to the old CPU to recover TPM related keys and data