TPM errors in EVENTVIEWER, something to worry about?

nav112

Gold Level Poster
Hey all! So ive been experiencing these errors in my pcs logs every time i turn it on. There is only one error related to the TPM, and in tpm.msc, the tpm is working fine (apparently). I have been getting BSODs over last week too, so i reinstalled windows 10 from media (USB) and correctly installed drivers. I havent BSOD since but this error has now come up. My BIOS is up to date and i have tried both Firmware and Discrete tpm and error still occurs. This is a PCS system however it wasnt me who brought it so i cant see the exact order config.

SPECS:
RYZEN 3 3100
A320M-K BOARD
RX580 GPU
16GB RAM 3200MHZ
256GB SSD
1TB HDD
I will attach pics of the error.

Attachments

• S.png
    S.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 83

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey all! So ive been experiencing these errors in my pcs logs every time i turn it on. There is only one error related to the TPM, and in tpm.msc, the tpm is working fine (apparently). I have been getting BSODs over last week too, so i reinstalled windows 10 from media (USB) and correctly installed drivers. I havent BSOD since but this error has now come up. My BIOS is up to date and i have tried both Firmware and Discrete tpm and error still occurs. This is a PCS system however it wasnt me who brought it so i cant see the exact order config.

SPECS:
RYZEN 3 3100
A320M-K BOARD
RX580 GPU
16GB RAM 3200MHZ
256GB SSD
1TB HDD
I will attach pics of the error.
Could you get the specs copied across from whoever bought it?

nav112

Gold Level Poster
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G Quad Core CPU with Vega Graphics (3.6GHz-4.0GHz/6MB CACHE/AM4)
Change to: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 Quad Core CPU (3.6GHz-3.9GHz/18MB CACHE/AM4)

Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME A320M-K: Micro-ATX, AM4, USB 3.0, 6GB/s
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage Drive
256GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (500MB/R, 400MB/W)
2nd Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W CV SERIES™ CV-550 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Make certain that you have all Windows updates installed, especially any optional updates (most of which aren't really optional).

I that doesn't help then I don't think there's much you can do yourself, at least not accoring to the Microsoft documentation on that error. I would phone PCS and discuss this with them. It would appear to me a hardware issue to me.

nav112

Gold Level Poster
Ok, the optional updates I have look to all be drivers. However I already installed chipset, gpu and ethernet drivers from their respective sites when I reinstalled windows earlier. Won't these new updates just overwrite the existing drivers and end up downgrading them?

nav112

Gold Level Poster
From my knowledge, the firmware TPM is built in to CPU (and discrete is a physical TPM) does this mean my CPU is at fault?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
From my knowledge, the firmware TPM is built in to CPU (and discrete is a physical TPM) does this mean my CPU is at fault?
TPM is part of the motherboard, not CPU.

You need to install all optional updates before the system is properly configured.

nav112

Gold Level Poster
Ok, will do that now however I'm almost certain the older GPU driver here will just write over the newer one I have installed already.

nav112

Gold Level Poster
If the issue is not solved, will it cause me not to be able to do anything? Or is it a minor issue, it hasn't effected me yet (or so i know)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Nope, and I don't plan on moving to win11 either.
Well, you'll have to one way or the other, Windows 10 is end of life in 2025.

All this means is that you've got a bug with the TPM chip, it looks like somehow it's been activated which afaik can only happen manually unless you installed a recent BETA BIOS.

You can try flushing the TPM keys, that's if it's able to connect to the TPM chip, if not then you'd need a motherboard replacement.

Currently all it means is that you wouldn't be able to install Windows 11, it won't cause any issues with Windows 10.