Transferring files from SSD Drive to HDD storage. Slow transfer time

theb52s

Silver Level Poster
I've just received my new PC. As part of the setup some pictures were downloaded to my smaller C drive. I used cut and paste to transfer these to my storage drive. There were around 5GB of pictures in total but it seems to be taking an age to transfer. Initially the estimate was 5 hours now down to around 2.5 hours.
This doesn't seem right to me. Surely it shouldn't be this slow.

theb52s

Silver Level Poster
Also, more than half the volume of the 2TB storage drive is being used to store 'burning test test files". I have no idea what these are or what they are for. Any ideas on that as well?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
You can remove the burning test files. Not sure on the speeds though. Can you download, install and run CrystalDiskMark on the drive?

theb52s

Silver Level Poster
Thanks for the replies. It looks like the photos that were showing on there were actually stored on Onedrive so what I was actually doing was deleting them from there and downloading them to the PC. The download speed on my WiFi was really slow and that was the reason for the slow time transferring. I've been able to vastly improve that speed now and, needless to say, I didn't need to transfer from Onedrive to the PC so I've undone that.
Thanks as well for the info on the burning test files.