trying to not disappoint a teenager at xmas - change of spec needed

polycrac

Rising Star
I'm not up to date enough to help with the CPU, but I think you'll need to amend the order anyway - not sure that power supply is enough, even for what you have, let alone allowing room for upgrades (I'd look at a TXM one, as minimum). Also, I can't see a case on the build, are you sending in your own?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

polycrac

Rising Star
Then I'd be tempted to go for 3900xt, same core count, same cache size, very close in terms of top speed and the savings would get you a 980 m.2 drive (the loading speeds are insane).

I'm a gamer and the two things I care about are mad graphics and fast loading times. If I'd been building this rig I'd have wanted a fourth gen M.2 drive like the 980 from the start.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I received the same email earlier today and changed from the 5900X to the 5800X and it went into building this evening. The difference in gaming performance between the 5900X and the 5800X is fairly minimal across most games, so that'd be my recommendation.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Looking at this thread more closelly, @polycrac is right, as you'll need to change the power supply. You'd be looking at something like the 750W RMx to suit your teenager's needs and have a little room for upgrades later down the line.

scarpa1

Enthusiast
my order include the NVIDIA3070 and i am not sure if these are now in stock?
Did your email just say the 5900 was holding up the order being ready for Xmas?

Other have had email's saying the 3080 and 5900 are holding it up so if yours didnt mention the 3070 or anything else then you should have all other parts in stock.