Trying to open Defiance V case and failing

Hi all -

I'm trying to open up my Defiance V case and not quite managing it. I've taken all the screws from the underside and lifted the edges of the case up, but somewhere in the middle something is still holding it.

It looks as if there is another screw to undo that is underneath the keyboard???? What should I be doing??

Thanks

Alan

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Give PCS a phone call, you'll usually find them to be very helpful on things like this. If you ask nicely they may even send you a copy of the servicing manual for your laptop. They will certainly appreciate your calling and asking for help rather then you breaking something. :)

phitol

Bronze Level Poster
As pointed out below, best give PCS a ring/contact and get some detailed instructions from them.

I used the following info and it's fairly OK, although the key is removal of the keyboard to access the remaining bottom cover screws!
There are more screws underneath the keyboard.
The basic process is to remove screws from the bottom, some of those hold the keyboard in, then you can pop the keyboard up, disconnect and undo the remaining chassis screws.

One tip I found was using a screwdriver in the keyboard screw holes to gently push the keyboard up as it’s quite well clipped in.
I started reading this: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...0en-owners-lounge.826239/page-8#post-10866289

Then saw this on removing the keyboard:

I’ll see if I can find the complete tear down video, but once the extra screws are removed from under the keyboard the case pops off
This video shows the basic principle:

I'd go as far to say that unless you are fairly experienced in opening up laptops in general, this one is a bit trickier than most.

Last edited:

Shepard

Enthusiast
Hey guys,

best give us a ring, as we can send you instructions with pictures and also guide you through the process on the phone, if you wish.

Brask

Did you take out the 4 screws under the keyboard? Press the keyboard out with a thin tool from the bottom screw that has the image of the keyboard lifting.