Turbo boost problems...

chrisssj2

When doing physics test 3dmark or anything else that stresses cpu. The cpu goes to 3,2 ghz all 4 cores.

If I understand correctly the processor should be able to go 3,6 ghz all 4 cores (and higher if cores not used)

Aida64 says turbo boost supported (disabled)

The bios does not allow me to enable or disable it, as the bios is SEVERLY limited in options (no idea why)
Can anyone help?

Or am I better sending this laptop back..

Rakk

The Awesome
When doing physics test 3dmark or anything else that stresses cpu. The cpu goes to 3,2 ghz all 4 cores.

If I understand correctly the processor should be able to go 3,6 ghz all 4 cores (and higher if cores not used)

Aida64 says turbo boost supported (disabled)

The bios does not allow me to enable or disable it, as the bios is SEVERLY limited in options (no idea why)
Can anyone help?

I know on some of the laptops turbo boost is indeed disabled due to the heating problems it could cause - so you may not be able to change it, but this is speculation on my part.

Do you need the extra core speed?

chrisssj2

Well if it's disabled as a default I wouldn't mind. If you could change it..

But as far as the bios goes.. I can't seem to change it.

Is there some way to force it on?
I am using a laptop cooling pad. I don't think the added 300 MHz will give me heating problems.

And yes, I do need the speed.

Also especially on single or dual core apps. Since you will be getting 3900/3800 mhz. while the other cores are disabled or @ default clocks if I understand correctly.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
The BIOS is written by the chassis vendor, they know a lot more about cooling issues than you or I do. It is indeed quite common to find CPU turbo boost disabled in the BIOS when the dedicated GPU is in use. You might find an unofficial BIOS that lets you override this, but then you'll have nobody to blame if your laptop gets fried.