Turn off motherboard RGB

Random question, and i hope it's okay to post it in my same thread:
I have the PC and everything is good but does anyone know how to set it so the RGB lights turn off when the PC is shut down but still plugged into mains? I have set the profile in ICUE and set it as a solid colour, opacity down and black - which works while it's on .. however upon shutting it off the lights are still there (not on the fan or pump, where the setting is changed it's at the back) . I'm a sensitive sleeper and it's a little annoying. hopefully it's something simple i am missing, thanks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Random question, and i hope it's okay to post it in my same thread:
I have the PC and everything is good but does anyone know how to set it so the RGB lights turn off when the PC is shut down but still plugged into mains? I have set the profile in ICUE and set it as a solid colour, opacity down and black - which works while it's on .. however upon shutting it off the lights are still there (not on the fan or pump, where the setting is changed it's at the back) . I'm a sensitive sleeper and it's a little annoying. hopefully it's something simple i am missing, thanks.
I think the asus aura lighting on the mobo has a setting in the BIOS to disable it when it's off.

1648337908000.png

I think the asus aura lighting on the mobo has a setting in the BIOS to disable it when it's off.

View attachment 32909
I have no idea what this is, how to get to it - and i wouldn't want to mess with anything BIOS wise being a complete noob in regards to all of this. The image is quite small but i do not see a lighting option on it either?

EDIT: I'm on the BIOS, would AURA be stealth mode, Aura only, Aura off? It's on 'All on' at the moment

- i checked again, did the profiles in the ICUE and shut down, from what i can see it's the back plate that (when on i can turn it black) becomes RGB again upon shutting it off. I'm guessing i'm going to have to cover it with a sheet or flick the power switch (i heard that's not great for the clock or something).

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have no idea what this is, how to get to it - and i wouldn't want to mess with anything BIOS wise being a complete noob in regards to all of this. The image is quite small but i do not see a lighting option on it either? - i checked again, did the profiles in the ICUE and shut down, from what i can see it's the back plate that (when on i can turn it black) becomes RGB again upon shutting it off. I'm guessing i'm going to have to cover it with a sheet or flick the power switch (i heard that's not great for the clock or something).
It's the bit where the mouse is labelled "Aura", it's the asus aura sync.

To get to the BIOS, just go do the following in windows:

So long as you don't adjust anything other than the aura settings, they're only to do with RGB, can't break anything. There's no issue on your warranty.

Last edited:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This seems like deja vu ;)

In the UEFI BIOS, there's 4 settings for Aura. If you press [F4] on the home page you'll see something like:
  1. All on = All lights on the motherboard are on, i.e. RGB and the status/power lights.
  2. Stealth mode = All lights are off, all of the time.
  3. Aura only = only RGB lights are on, power/status lights are off.
  4. Aura off = RGB lights are off, power/status lights are on.
There's also a second set of settings, which control WHEN these Aura options trigger, under [Onboard Device Configuration] [RGB Lighting]:
  • When system is in working state
This item allows you to turn the RGB LED lighting on or off when the system is in the working state.​
Configuration options: [All On] [Stealth] [Aura Only] [Aura Off]​

• When system is in sleep, hibernate or soft off states
This item allows you to turn the RGB LED lighting on or off when the system is in the sleep, hibernate or soft off states.​
Configuration options: [All On] [Stealth] [Aura Only] [Aura Off]​