Turn on Bluetooth

jdg199

Seems like a silly question, but how do I turn on Bluetooth functionality?

I have a few items on my old computer (Apple Macbook ~2005) that I would like on my new computer. I thought a simple way to do this would be to just connect via bluetooth and transfer the files that way. So far I cannot find any bluetooth icon or device to run on the optimus II 17in. I bought the following network card:

GIGABIT LAN & INTEL® CENTRINO® ADVANCED-N 6230 inc BLUETOOTH

I assume that it should be installed and ready to use?!

While looking for this I came across the intel my wifi utility. This appeared to allow me to connect the two computers wirelessly, which I did. While they now show as connected devices, I cannot seem to move files from one to another in anyway!

Any help/suggestions would be apprecaited.

Cheers
John

MrShteeeve

Press the 'Fn' Button then F12 and it will turn the bluetooth on, all the options are available from then on :)

You'll know if you've done it correctly as your wireless light (next to the HDD light etc) will turn orange, and a bluetooth icon will appear in the taskbar :)

Last edited:

kyleblyth

Silver Level Poster
I don't think the bluetooth part of the card works but tell me if you get it working. I contacted PCS and they are sending me a different card - azureware or something. Tried lots of things to get it working but never had any luck

MrShteeeve

It does work you bunch of muppets :p Just follow the instructions I've given, I have the same card and that's how it works. Read the manual if you don't believe me ;).

Meds

It does work you bunch of muppets :p Just follow the instructions I've given, I have the same card and that's how it works. Read the manual if you don't believe me ;).

We sell a number of different models of laptop and the function keys vary depending on what model of laptop you have. Also, as kyleblyth mentioned above, I think there has been an issue with this Wireless Card with a specific laptop chassis - If you're still struggling with getting the bluetooth working, I'd contact Tech Support for further assistance.

MrShteeeve

Only reason I said that as I have the exact same card and laptop chassis as the original poster :). I had a few problems getting it going too, that's all. My Bad! :)

Last edited: