Turtle Beach x42 for PC

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
Hey folks,

I just bought myself some turtle beach x42's for the PC to replace my skull candy headphones, and I'm finding it a pain to set them up! I've paired the wireless adapter with the headset plugged all the cables in etc. But the only sound I seem to be getting from them is if I test the sound. I dont get sound from any games or videos on youtube. Don't suppose anyone knows what I'm not doing right (I've only plugged in the cables supplied with the headset so more than likely probably going to need another cable of some sort!)

Cheers

Jonny

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hey dude,

-have you connected the hub thingy to your pc via the optical cable?
-if you aint, then you will need to do this.
-then you will need to configure your sound settings, bottom right, right click on the volume control, then playback devices, on the playback tab you may have to set the realtek optical to default device,
-if i've completely lost you here, take a screenie or snip it, of the playback tab and post it here.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Hey folks,

I just bought myself some turtle beach x42's for the PC to replace my skull candy headphones, and I'm finding it a pain to set them up! I've paired the wireless adapter with the headset plugged all the cables in etc. But the only sound I seem to be getting from them is if I test the sound. I dont get sound from any games or videos on youtube. Don't suppose anyone knows what I'm not doing right (I've only plugged in the cables supplied with the headset so more than likely probably going to need another cable of some sort!)

Cheers

Jonny

right click the sound icon in the bottom right of the taskbar, click playback devices, then trial each option (make sure you press apply each time) hopefully this will sort it out

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
Thanks for the help folks i did it eventually! Lol thankfully it works now! So glad as well, i tested them out in the game shop along with the p11s i think theyre called and the x12s, the x42s a clear winner and a bargain at 110 as the original price being 150!

Thanks again :) !!

Cheers

Jonny

jonnytruckfest

Enthusiast
Ill try give a full how to setup when i get home, to help those who are in a similar situation. My solution was simply to disable the speakers and set the optical device as default and checking all the boxes that was in the advanced properties for the optical device. And essentially trialling and erroring everything until it works. Thankfully it eventually did work, i was quite surprised that i was able to listen to music on them in the next room whilst wrapping presents for Christmas by far the best gift so far!

Cheers

Jonny