TV card or sound card?

Skull

Hey, I need a new PC but I have a bit of a problem. The motherboard selection I have been given all have just 1 PCI slot. I was thinking my new PC would have the benefit I can watch TV on it but I would also like good sounds with my games. Unfortunately as my motherboard (ASUS Sabretooth P67 Thermal Armour) has 1 slot I need to decide between the two, so which is more important?

I have 2.1 40W speakers set up and I never use my headset, so would a sound card make a noticeable difference to my games and music? I've heard they are a bit pointless but they are also cheap so even if the difference is minimal it allows me to upgrade another component of my PC (might go from 8GB to 16GB of RAM along with a "Extreme" rather than "Advanced" CPU cooling method).

In regards to the TV card, I do have a very basic TV next to my PC already, however it only has 4 channels and I can imagine its better watching stuff on a 24" monitor than some screen half the size of that. However, the amount of TV I watch is very minimal so really the only point of a TV card is so I can get rid of my old TV, free up some space on my desk and be more prepared for that digital switch thing.

Thanks for any insight anyone can offer!
Rory

tom_gr7

Life Serving
A sound card would only be amazing if you had either an amazing sound system, (blu-ray/dvd surround setup) or a decent headset. But to get decent up to date soundcard you are looking over hundred quid.