TV USB input

crisis uk

Silver Level Poster
I currently have an old(ish) TV that doesnt have a USB port on it so i cant plug in my external HDD to watch music/pictures. Does anyone know of anything that i can plug into, say, my HDMI port and then plug a external HDD into that instead? maybe it's externally powered?

adator

Enthusiast
You can get adapters but then I don't think that would work anyway as the TV probably wouldn't have the software needed no access the data. The only way I could see you doing it is through a laptop or desktop so you are using the software on that. Not much help hopefully someone else might know a bit more then me.

Matrix510

Bronze Level Poster
The only thing that comes to mind is Chromecast (Although apparently that's restricted to very few things that can stream to it), or a £70 Android TV Box, which will allow you to both play media files from a USB Drive or stream over the internet.

My advice would be to look around at the Android HDMI Stick things, see if any of them support the USB functionality you're looking for. Hopefully you can find one with a price you're happy with.

(I'm not really good at this sort of thing, but I thought I'd pitch in and give you an idea)