Two Questions?

Gelbs

Bronze Level Poster
1. Whenever I format a DVD in my drive, upon restart of my computer, if the disc is still in the drive, it always states 'formatting the rest of your disc'...Why?? Never understood it. Even though it's already formatted it prior. Upon restart, it's clearly doing something, as the lights on, on the disc-drive. Why does it do more on restart, anyone know?? The drive light can be on for a fair few minutes.

2. Nothing major. But on my laptop, I have a 'Windows Phone' icon next to my DVD drive and hard-drive icon. The Windows Phone isn't even connected anymore, and was wondering how I get rid of the icon? Looked in the devices folder, but it isn't listed. Double clicking on the icon does nothing.

Thanks.

steaky360

The disc drive is probably just reading the disc during startup to make sure it isn't 'bootable media' I assume if there is a disc in the drive it will do it regardless of whether its a previously formatted DVD or not.

As for the windows phone icon, if you don't need the phone its probably some software on the PC - you should be able to uninstall it, failing that you should be able to hide the system tray icon (although that's more ignoring the issue than correcting it really).