Ubisoft+

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster
I was wondering if anyone here subscribes to Ubisoft+ and whether you think it is worth it.

I’m considering it as they have the latest releases on there first and as an example Far Cry 6 would be £83 for the gold edition to buy and that would be the equivalent of about 6.5 month of subscription.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Thank you.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If Ubisoft weren't an abhorrent company I might consider it but right now I'm personally avoiding them

Bhuna50

Author Level
The way to look at any games company annual/ monthly subscription deals is whether or not you are a fan of their existing line-ups as all that seems to happen at the moment is annual releases / updates / Year x seasons of the same games with the odd unique new game coming in every one to two years.

Therefore with UbiSoft - if you like:

Tom Clancy
The division
Rainbow Six
Assassins Creed
FarCry
Watchdogs

then yes its worth it as one or two of those have annual releases that would cost you the price of the subscription so in the long run you save.

Similarly with the EA play subscriptions on Origin - Fifa / Madden / Battlefield / Sims and the older Star Wars games (as soon Star Wars is moving to Ubisoft) then again - their susbscription would save you money on those games.

Basically just look at the games they have and the cost of those games. If you want to play new releases when they come out then go for the subscriptions - if you only like one or two titles and happy to wait a year - wait and buy the game when they do a 90% off deal to get you interested just before they release the new version...

Frogbox

The way I tackle the Ubisoft situation is to wait for a few games I want to play to pile up, sub for a month, play them to death, then cancel my sub. Currently in the hibernation period waiting for Far Cry 6, then I'm gonna sub and play through FC6 and AC Valhalla.