Uh Oh Asus MOBO Help

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hey guys,

Broke my machine :)

I updated the bios on my machine to the most up to date on the Asus webby and now im having problems.

The machine will not start with GPU's installed. It was working before except from my crashing games using Nvidia Surround so thought i would check the Bios was up to date, it wasn't and so i updated it but now the machine will not start up with a GPU installed

I get One Long Three Short and the OCIEX16 LED lights up along with the Boot Device LED

I can get the machine to start without any GPUs installed but as soon as i put another in its nae happy.

I tried GPU 1 and GPU 2 in slot 1 and in slot 2 all coming to the same problem.

Anyone got any ideas?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have you checked the bios configuration for the default video out? Bios updates can sometimes play around with settings, worth double checking if anything's been changed.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
3 and a half years in and 2 things; firstly, I have never updated my BIOS, a secondly I still don't actually know what my BIOS is :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
3 and a half years in and 2 things; firstly, I have never updated my BIOS, a secondly I still don't actually know what my BIOS is :D

Lols, there is actually no need most of the time, sometimes it adds support for newer cpu's or something useful like that but most of the time it's not really necessary unless you have an issue.

Smokey, which board do you have?

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Its helped with the issue I was having with nvidia surround freezing so fingers crossed. Called PCS tech support and the guy was awesome said I'd pretty much tried everything and if I couldn't get it working by tomorrow they would arrange a return even though o said it was my fault for upgrading the BIOS. Luckly got it working.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Its helped with the issue I was having with nvidia surround freezing so fingers crossed. Called PCS tech support and the guy was awesome said I'd pretty much tried everything and if I couldn't get it working by tomorrow they would arrange a return even though o said it was my fault for upgrading the BIOS. Luckly got it working.

That's pretty good service.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I use this site for decoding BIOS POST beeps, it's the most comprehensive one I've found to date.

If it's an AMI BIOS then one long and three short is a RAM issue, perhaps you have a badly seated RAM card?

Anyway I'm happy it's sorted! Flashing BIOS is always a gut-wrenching process for me too, it's one of the few things that doesn't have an easy way back.

:)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
It said that it couldn't detect the GPU so not sure where ti was going wrong. Tempted to update it again and see if it does the same thing. I can always downgrade it again.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It said that it couldn't detect the GPU so not sure where ti was going wrong. Tempted to update it again and see if it does the same thing. I can always downgrade it again.

You're not going to let a little BIOS update defeat you, are you? :hammer: