Ultranote Queries

oceanclub

My current laptop died last week so am in the market for a laptop and like the look (and price) of the Ultranote!

Just a few queries though:

1. In the detailed specs, it mentions "Up to 5 hours with 48.84WH battery. Up to 7 hours with 62.16WH battery." However, it only seems possible to configure it with a 48.84WH battery. Will the configurator offer 62.16WH at some point?

2. There's not much information on the screen other than the rez. While I'd prefer a higher rez, I don't mind if it's a good quality screens. Are there detailed screen specs?

Thanks in advance,

P.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums :)

1. The next batch of 14" UltraNote laptops will be coming with the 62.16WH batteries (due 29th October) and all orders placed will be upgraded to this battery for free.

2. On the last batch the screen was the LG LGD028E. I cannot promise that the screen will be the same on the next batch, but it is likely to be this model.

murt100

I'm also interested in an UltraNote, what will be the weight of it with the revised extra capacity battery?

Would there be an option to get one without the optical drive, I don't need one and want to keep the weight down for portability?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
There is no extra weight. The optical drive comes fitted by default and cannot be removed without leaving a hole in the side.

oceanclub

Welcome to our forums :)

2. On the last batch the screen was the LG LGD028E. I cannot promise that the screen will be the same on the next batch, but it is likely to be this model.

Thanks - do you have any more info, such as detailed specs, on that screen? Unfortunately Google turns up mostly Asian hits. Or is there another model of laptop that uses it?

P.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
It's because "LGD028E" is the device ID and not the common model name. As we don't have any physical stock I can't 100% confirm but as far as I am aware the common name is "LG LP140WH2 TLN1 TLQ1".