UltraNote spec

murt100

First post on the forum and looking for some advice.

I'm looking to press the button and order an UltraNote 14", 4 GB RAM, 120GB SSD, no OS as I have a licence of Windows 7 to hand.

I have a budget of around £450, I need portability (it will be replacing a tried and trusted Samsung NC10 netbook that has been on constantly since we got it) and good battery life. It will be mostly used for general web browsing (Youtube, Facebook, etc.), movies and some light gaming (Minecraft and Sim City 4).

What CPU should I get - the i3-3110M is within my budget but would an i5 be more future-proof?

Also, the UltraNote is available to ship from the 29th of October, I don't mind waiting but should I place the order soon to get in the queue?

Iroquois Pliskin

Enthusiast
First post on the forum and looking for some advice.

I'm looking to press the button and order an UltraNote 14", 4 GB RAM, 120GB SSD, no OS as I have a licence of Windows 7 to hand.

Sound good.

It will be mostly used for general web browsing (Youtube, Facebook, etc.), movies and some light gaming (Minecraft and Sim City 4).

What CPU should I get - the i3-3110M is within my budget but would an i5 be more future-proof?

Given the tasks specified, you would want the first i5 in its line - the i5-3210.