UltraNote Windows 8.1 laptop doesn't detect iiyama ProLite E2273HDS monitor any more

teeye21

Hello,

My laptop UltraNote doesn't detect my external monitor (iiyama ProLite E2273HDS) any more. It started yesterday. I can still switch on and off the monitor but I cannot access the monitor menu (I wanted to reset it to factory settings). When I switch it on, it shows the iiyama screen and then it goes black wih only the message on top right of screen indicating the HDMI connection.
Several Windows updates were installed on the laptop Wednesday evening and on Thursday the monitor wasn't recognised any more.

Has anyone who owns the same screen encountered this problem?
Would any of you be able to guide me through the steps to check what is happening?
I went on iiyama website but the info there is quite spare.

Thanks very much in advance for any help you can give me. :)

Rakk

The Awesome
It might not be related, but I have two (different) Iiyama monitors (I can find out which when I get home after work this evening), but I did notice very recently that in my list of optional updates (in the Windows updates), a recent addition is drivers for an AOC monitor - which y'know given both the connected monitors are Iiyama kinda surprised me.

I haven't installed said update and haven't actually had any issues, but I'm using DVI rather than HDMI, and mine is a desktop. If you have installed an update like that maybe it's causing an issue, but this is entirely speculation on my part.

I know one of the monitors is the Prolite E2483HS1 , the other maybe a E2474HD (I'll check later)

teeye21

Hi Rakk,

Thanks for your message.
I checked in my update history and no new driver has been installed, only cumulative and standard MS updates.
I was thinking of buying a new HDMI cable to try and see if the problem comes from here.

I'll check iiyama website again tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Rakk

The Awesome
Hi Rakk,

Thanks for your message.
I checked in my update history and no new driver has been installed, only cumulative and standard MS updates.
I was thinking of buying a new HDMI cable to try and see if the problem comes from here.

I'll check iiyama website again tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Yeah, I was only suggesting it cos as I said I saw an odd Windows update for me and thought it may have been that, but it was just a (wrong) stab in the dark :) .
A new cable may fix it, does the screen reappear if you fiddle with the cable in the port at the back of the monitor?

Last edited:

teeye21

It was worth a try! :)

I have tried to fiddle with the cable but it didn't change anything.
I am wondering whether the problem is with the monitor itself as now the message "No Signal" appears when before I just had the "HDMI" message.

teeye21

Restarting this thread as my monitor is once again not recognized by my UltraNote. I cannot figure out what is happening. From time to time, the monitor just stops bing recognized. For a while running MyPCTuneUp helped. A few days ago, I downloaded the iiyama drivers and managed to solve the problem but now the monitor is once again not recognized (and it was 6 hours ago).
Could anyone help me with this problem?
Thanks very much!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Are you able to see how it acts when being used with a different device? Another PC/laptop or console would be fine. That may help to tell if it is an issue with the monitor, laptop or even the cable.