Unable to Enable Wireless Internet...

Snewlands

Bronze Level Poster
OK the new laptop's looking good, but how do I connect to the main modem?

I've never had this issue before...

Basically, when I go down to the icon at the bottom, I get the message 'No connections are available' and I can't even seem to turn wireless on via the button.

Was it on the CD with all the driver software? I've installed all that but it's still not working...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Snewlands

Bronze Level Poster
Unfortunately neither worked! :(

I can see the LAN Driver that I installed, but it has 'Network Cable Unplugged' under it?

Snewlands

Bronze Level Poster
F12 has the wireless icon, however when I pressed that and Fn........it enabled the Bluetooth connection?

Snewlands

Bronze Level Poster
After looking around, what I have installed can apparently only be connected by cable??????

GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® N130 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH

How do find the 'WIRELESS INTEL'?

Last edited:

Vadrigar

Same problem on my new Vortex3 trying to install wlan driver from the CD it pops a message "Device was not found or please enable it before installing its drivers" same goes for bluetooth i did press the FN + F12 and FN + F11 and did try the Hot key app. After installing manually i get the internet to work but games like LOL and Mechwarrior are not able to connect to the servers on the old laptop the game connect just fine. I did disable the windows fire wall and unblocked ip ports so the problem is driver or software related.

Marks

Bronze Level Poster
When you put the driver disk in, don't run it but browse it.

Look for the wireless drivers and there will probably be more than one (if its the same as the optimus 3 disk) try each one in there and if its the correct driver it will install.

Otherwise you can get the drivers from Intel's website if you ca get online with a cable or another computer.

Agito

Silver Level Poster
When you put the driver disk in, don't run it but browse it.

Look for the wireless drivers and there will probably be more than one (if its the same as the optimus 3 disk) try each one in there and if its the correct driver it will install.

Otherwise you can get the drivers from Intel's website if you ca get online with a cable or another computer.

Thanks, found the solution. Apparently Intel thought that installing wireless function wasn't as important as bluetooth when you do "Standard" installation... Had to go through custom install and make it install my WLAN drivers.