Unable to log into Windows, Mouse and Keyboard not working.

Azzthatch

Bronze Level Poster
Hi,

Since I bought my new PC I have purchased a Razor Deathstalker Keyboard and a Razor Deathadder Mouse. All was working fine until I was prompted by Razor Synapse that there was an update to my drivers, I run the updater but once it had completed neither my Mouse or Keyboard worked. I restarted my PC and still nothing and now I cannot even log into Windows :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Got your old keyboard to hand?

Does that keyboard have a switch that turns it from a super awesome gaming keyboard back into a bog standard one for troubleshooting issues like this?

Azzthatch

Bronze Level Poster
Got your old keyboard to hand?

Does that keyboard have a switch that turns it from a super awesome gaming keyboard back into a bog standard one for troubleshooting issues like this?

I tried the old keyboard last night but it didnt seem to work, but will try again later. Strange thing is all devices work when navigating around the BIOS, just not when it comes to using Windows?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
You could try booting from your windows disk and restoring to a point before you updated the drivers. It seems the update screwed with something in windows that's causing the problem.

You should be able to boot from the CD, launch system restore and go from that.

Azzthatch

Bronze Level Poster
You could try booting from your windows disk and restoring to a point before you updated the drivers. It seems the update screwed with something in windows that's causing the problem.

You should be able to boot from the CD, launch system restore and go from that.

I managed to fix this by restore the PC back a few days using the Windows disk, sound easy right? Well my PC has a UEFI BIOS and I couldnt for the life of me get it to boot from CD. After searching around on Google it seems that UEFI BIOS's use secure boot to prevent viruses and stuff, I dont know its over my head but once I had disabled that I was able to boot from CD normally. So yeah if anyone else has similar problems, thats how you fix it.

Azzthatch

Bronze Level Poster
Glad it got sorted for ya, much have been a driver update gone wrong.

Thanks.... yeah I think so, because once the update had finished, neither device worked. I've since be able to re-install all the drivers and everything is working fine again.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Yeah it can happen, should be fine now. (also serves as a reminder to backup your files regularly if you don't do it already)