Unable to place an order.

Hi,

I just wondered why I cannot place an order if a component is not in stock but has a due date.

In this case, everything else is in stock except for the RTX 2020 Super card but it is listed as due on 8/4/2021.

So can someone explain why I cannot proceed with this order, please as all it tells me that I must choose another card, of course, no suitable cards are in stock.:eek:

Another question, once I can order when will my payment be taken if not all the parts are available?

Thanks,

Martin

D

Deleted member 17413

Im not sure the RTX 2000 series will come back into stock... Last I saw theyve stopped production.
I think you would have to source one elsewhere if you want it (assuming you mean a 2060 as well?)

Theres a LOT of problems with stock atm, its a worldwide thing. Hence all the higher prices atm.

Last edited by a moderator:

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I did of course mean RTX 2060 Super which is shown as coming into stock on 8/4/2021.

So why can't I place an order?

Martin
Hi Martin, you aren't able to make a purchase as the card is out of stock and the pre-order system is only for the new generation of NVIDIA 3000 series and some of the AMD cards. This is there is high demand for these new cards but low supply due to the pandemic. If you'd like to purchase a 2060S, I'm afraid you'll have to wait until the card is back in stock.

Alternatively, you could pick the 3060 as it seems to have performance similar to that of the 2060S and join the queue. Although wait times for that card are unknown as of now, you may recieve your PC long before the 2060S or you could be waiting a long time after, it's your decision.

I'd also recommend having your configuration reviewed by the forum in Check This Spec! before continuing with your purchase to make sure you're getting the best build for your money. For this we'll need some info with the spec which can be found in the sticky threads at the top.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks very much for the reply.

Yes, I appreciate the supply problem and the increase in prices that are being forced onto customers by the shortage of components.

I may post the spec but I am happy to make my own decisions on the spec thanks.

Martin

Hi,

Thanks again for the replies. :)

Yes, I realized that the delivery date was just the best guess so I'll have to look around and see what alternative cards are available when PCS gets some in stock.

The problem with posting the spec as I see it is that people have different opinions as to what is the best setup for the price.

Just look at the difference of opinions between Intel and AMD!:rolleyes:

For myself, I have been into computers since 1982, plus having been a Sysadmin so I hope I know enough regarding PCs' to make an informed decision.:cool:

Let's hope so anyway.o_O

Martin

Hi,

Yes, I realized that the delivery date was just the best guess so I'll have to look around and see what alternative cards are available when PCS gets some in stock.

The problem with posting the spec as I see it is that people have different opinions as to what is the best setup for the price.

For myself, I have been into computers since 1982, plus having been a Sysadmin so I hope I know enough regarding PCs' to make an informed decision.:cool:

Let's hope so anyway.o_O

Martin
Just go for silver warrenty for £5 extra to cover a year of carriage costs rathen then a month I can sleep better now !

Hi Jamie,

Actually, if I can afford it I will go for the top warranty.:)

What I am looking at now is to get a cheap GPU just to get my new rig and to get back into playing games then change it out later when supplies and prices get back to normal.

Martin

Hi Jamie,

What I am looking at now is to get a cheap GPU just to get my new rig and to get back into playing games then change it out later when supplies and prices get back to normal.

Martin
Top man top man the warrenty gods approve of the sacrifice !!!

Stephen M

Author Level
What exactly are the difference of opinion on AMD and Intel. 90+% on here are using evidence based information to point out AMD are currently way ahead of Intel. The main arguments for using Intel has been along the lines: "Because I like Intel" or "Have always used Intel".

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi Jamie,

Martin
I fully appreciate you know about internals, but a lot of people, even very knowledgable people haven't kept up with the pace at which the landscape has totally turned upside down over just the last 2 years.

Intel are now the underdogs as AMD were between 2008 / 2019. But performance isn't the important thing IMO, it's all down to security, the Intel chips are hugely flawed and need umpteen security patches at an OS and BIOS level to patch the ones they CAN, but there are teens of others that can't be patched without addressing it at a hardware level. Since the flaws were found in 2015, Intel have done nothing to change the design and the flaws remain.

On GPU's nvidia and AMD are now pretty much neck and neck for rasterisation performance, with AMD taking the crown most of the time.

A LOT has changed in a very short space of time, and some people aren't aware of the significance of the changes.

Last edited:

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Hi,

Let's hope so anyway.o_O

Martin
There is no difference of opinion of Intel vs amd. Your reticence to post your spec suggests you're going intel but are worried about backlash. Please don't choose intel :oops:

Hi,

This discussion is the very reason that I did not want to post my specs, already people are voicing their opinions which of course they are free to do so.:cool:

However, I do keep right up to date with technology and always have so I am fully aware of the problems with Intel and may still yet go with an AMD processor.

Perhaps it is that I am just stubborn and prefer to make up my own mind after extensive research into the available kit?:unsure:

I have no problem at all with which GPU manufacturer I choose, I am just stuck at the moment with finding a card when so few are offered by PCS.

Of course, I could buy my own card and send it to them to include in the build but then it may be faulty and also not covered by their extended warranty.:(

So that does not seem to be a viable option.

Martin

Hi,

This discussion is the very reason that I did not want to post my specs, already people are voicing their opinions which of course they are free to do so.:cool:

However, I do keep right up to date with technology and always have so I am fully aware of the problems with Intel and may still yet go with an AMD processor.

Perhaps it is that I am just stubborn and prefer to make up my own mind after extensive research into the available kit?:unsure:

I have no problem at all with which GPU manufacturer I choose, I am just stuck at the moment with finding a card when so few are offered by PCS.

Of course, I could buy my own card and send it to them to include in the build but then it may be faulty and also not covered by their extended warranty.:(

So that does not seem to be a viable option.

Martin
If you buy your own card they won't fit it for you, however it will have its own warranty with the manufacturer. My gigabyte card for example I had to register within 30 days of purchase but its covered with them for 4 years so don't worry about that too much

D

Deleted member 17413

I would really recommend listening to Spyder on this one, if nothing else, the mods like spyder and ubyusa are -exceptionally- knowledgeable on things like hardware and software.

Unless you have personally ensured that you are following every bit of info coming out in the last two years on things like components, I would put aside your convictions for now and at least hear them out. Their only aim is to try and give you the best solution they can (they make no money from being on here, its purely hobby).

You can still choose to do whatever you want afterwards, but surely there is nothing but positives to be gained from sharing info here?
A lot of us have our own ideas, granted, and if you want to limit the number of voices then by all means exclude those of us (like myself) who are more amateur than anything else, but as I said, Spyder/Ubuysa are proper experts in this stuff...the kind most people would pay a lot of money to get guidance from.

Post your specs, or a rough plan, they may see something you have not, or might just turn round and tell you they agree with what your proposing.

Hi,

Thanks for that information, I didn't realise that.

However, if I fit my own card then and it does not work then the problem is where does the fault lay, motherboard, PSU, or the card?

Additionally, how can pCS test the pc without a graphics card, perhaps they fit a temporary card and do it that way?

Martin