unable to place Order for computer: error "The connection to the Protx server failed:

DavidA

unable to place Order for computer: error "The connection to the Protx server failed:

i've tried about five times now to order my computer, and every time i click the final Submit button (after you enter your credit card details) the site takes awhile to respond and then says:

"
The connection to the Protx server failed:

FAIL
connect() timed out!

Please click back and try again. If the problem persists, please contact us on 0844 499 4000 for assistance. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
"

unfortunately, the Phone lines are closed now

DavidA

i've just gone to the 'My orders' section of teh website and my Order that keeps failing, is showing up.

does that mean it went through?
it states:

Order:639524
Date processed: N/A
Production Time: N/A
Tracking Time: N/A
Actions: Show

as i've tried to place the order 5 times, i hope i dont get charged 5 times!

Rakk

The Awesome
i've just gone to the 'My orders' section of teh website and my Order that keeps failing, is showing up.

does that mean it went through?
it states:

Order:639524
Date processed: N/A
Production Time: N/A
Tracking Time: N/A
Actions: Show

as i've tried to place the order 5 times, i hope i dont get charged 5 times!

It looks like its still awaiting payment, so what I'd do is give them a call on Monday morning to double check things and you may have to confirm the payment at that point (you can also make sure you havent put the order through 5 times)

DavidA

It looks like its still awaiting payment, so what I'd do is give them a call on Monday morning to double check things and you may have to confirm the payment at that point (you can also make sure you havent put the order through 5 times)

I will probably try to re enter my payment details later on today and hope it goes through.
I was in the mood to buy a new computer and the waiting is killing me :)

I'll definitely call them on Monday to check how many orders have gone through, although since it's one order number, I'm hoping it was just one order.
Thanks for the advice and help

DavidA

phew. finally, it went through!
i got one email straight away, telling me my Order had been placed so i'm fairly confident its just the one thats gone through.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
phew. finally, it went through!
i got one email straight away, telling me my Order had been placed so i'm fairly confident its just the one thats gone through.

or you ordered 7 systems :) at least you may be entitle to bulk buying discount.