underwater PC

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That was a really fantastic watch. Finally we can recommend a solution to keeping a 13900k in check.

There have been many liquid filled PCs over the years but I've never seen one in a pond.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Giggles aside, this is genius design quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy gets some calls from Microsoft, Google and IBM about off shore system storage. @Steveyg may be interested in this.

It would have been really interested if he'd delidded the i9 and added a direct-die heatsink just for added lunacy.

But it does look absolutely incredible as well as actually working, the lighting is such a great touch, it reminds me of Nautilus kind of design, retro uber cool.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Giggles aside, this is genius design quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy gets some calls from Microsoft, Google and IBM about off shore system storage. @Steveyg may be interested in this.

It would have been really interested if he'd delidded the i9 and added a direct-die heatsink just for added lunacy.

But it does look absolutely incredible as well as actually working, the lighting is such a great touch, it reminds me of Nautilus kind of design, retro uber cool.

the future is where on the pcs config it asks if you need an optional pond :LOL:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
We need to look at this holistically...

Just need a huge pond that you can run your air-con coolant through to provide cheap cooling in the summer, and turn the PC on to provide warming in the winter using the same tubing for the air-con that wraps around you PC enclosure.

Could even go OTT with the RGB and produce a Las Vegas light show fountain spectacle.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Damn that is really cool, my mind goes to scale with this sort of thing it's really awesome for this one enclosed unit but the biggest benefit would come to large data centres. To house these it would really need to be in the ocean as I doubt there would be many lakes that could house the sheer volume. Then the added corrosion of salt water introduces a really difficult problem

This is something people have talked about and toyed with for years though, there's also the environmental concern of having these on a massive scale and how that could alter the temperature of the ocean itself in those areas and how that would affect the ecosystem itself.

I love it though, posing a lot of interesting questions

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Could even go OTT with the RGB and produce a Las Vegas light show fountain spectacle.

your neighours will be delighted

Bellagio Fountain GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY