Unfortunate experience

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Glad to hear things may soon be sorted. You may find the service has been down to the Christmas period more than their usual procedure; obviously things like rushing to get the laptop to you before Christmas, dealing with more orders than usual due to people wanting to meet the Christmas cut-off point, courier maybe taking less care than usual, struggling to get answers from complaints with people being on annual leave for the holidays therefore understaffed, etc etc. I'm not saying this is all excusable behaviour but it can be expected when buying products from any retailer at this time of the year.

I can't agree with PaulH's comment more though. Why would they send out a laptop that is damaged? From a business perspective it makes no sense at all and they're only going to lose money by 'purposely' doing things like that because they'll be paying for couriers, technical engineers time, admin time, etc etc. To even think that they'd just send out a broken laptop because they're lazy is ridiculous in my opinion.

hopkins

@Grimezy I would never accuse them of deliberately sending out a broken laptop. That would make no sense as you say. I think it's possible that the laptop may not have been repaired as thoroughly as it could have been, though that's also not an accusation. Just a possibility.

Update: the email said my laptop would be dispatched first thing on Tuesday to arrive today. If that has happened, I have not been notified by PCS or DPD. DPD came to my door with a package for my housemate. No sign of my laptop yet. If there is reason why it has not yet been dispatched or delivered, I have not been notified of that either.

hopkins

Thursday 9th: still no notification of laptop's dispatch. PCS comments:

"I am not sure why this was not dispatched and I will look into this first thing in the morning when the RMA team are back in. Please accept my apologies for this."

This is truly the cherry on the cake.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Because of the issues you have had with the system and the delay I have upgraded the delivery to Saturday for you, this should leave us today for delivery tomorrow.

hopkins

So the laptop arrived in good time on Saturday. The HD is screen is a significant improvement and I'm grateful for it. It's all working well. I will wait a while to see how it all goes before leaving reviews.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear at arrived on time with you, looking forward to the review!