Unknown driver in Device Manager - Enigma II

simont

Recently reinstalled windows on my computer with a new SSD.

I've installed all the drivers from the disc supplied with the laptop but I still have a device unknown in the device manager.

Any ideas what this might be?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Meds

Hi Simont,

Just spoken to a Laptop Technician, he says you will have to right click on the Unknown Device, choose the browse the Driver CD, go to the Chipset folder. There should then be a file named something along the lines of "945", please chose this file to install. The Unknown Device should then disappear from the list :)

Any problems, please let us know.

simont

Right clicked, went to update driver, then browse my computer for driver software and it allows you to only select a folder and could not find the file 945.inf in the folder.

Meds

When choose to browse the laptop Driver CD, go to the following location;

Driver\01_Chipset\1020\All

There should then be a long list of files, one being "945".

simont

Yeah I tried that but it only lets you select a folder not a specfic file, tried selecting the folder that 945 file in but it did not find anything.

Meds

If you call Tech Support on 0844 499 4000, they will be able to access your Laptop remotely and help install this driver for you.

WhatCanIKeep?

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

You can try this,

Right click on "Unknown device" -> "Update Driver Software" -> "Browse my computer for driver software" -> "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my compute"r -> "Next" -> "Have Disk" -> "Browse" ->" Driver\01_Chipset\1020\All/945" - > "Next"

That should do it for you :)