Unpacking and Setting Up

kam67

Enthusiast
I was wondering if the pc I have ordered will arrive with foam/packaging inside the case, and/or components (eg. fans, memory, graphics cards etc.) which need to be connected or inserted.

In which case, as I am technically somewhat limited :), I was wondering whether I would benefit from paying the £79 for the tech asssisted setup you offer.

I do not need help connnecting routers, peripherals, or setting up things software-wise. It is only the physical, hardware stuff that concerns me.

Any advice appreciated.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
There could be packaging inside you need to remove and possibly but not necessarily a fan to connect.If you have any problems with this PCS will give you instructions if you phone them,no need really to pay for tech asssisted setup.

Yrubdarb

Bronze Level Poster
The computer I bought earlier this year contained no packing, nor did it contain anything in the motherboard expansion slots, although I have read posts by people who had packing in theirs. I suspect that the presence of any graphics cards or anything else large and occupying any expansion slots on the motherboard is the deciding factor.

steaky360

I wouldn't worry, asvanthus has said if you take a lookand feel concerned, give PCS a call and they will walk you through it! Won't be anything difficult left to do (PCS will have done all the heavy lifting/fitting for you)!