Upcoming game: RoboCop: Rogue City

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
The gunplay reminds me of F.E.A.R., but obviously it's a sci-fi game rather than psychological horror. There seems to be a bit of crime scene investigation which gives me Condemned: Criminal Origins vibes as those mechanics seem to be similar to that. Was hoping it'd be decent, seems to be heading down that road. Will find out soon enough I guess.

SiAdams

I've been keeping my eye on this one! Absolutely loved the earlier movies. Is anyone pre ordering? I can't bring myself to spend £50+ on a game but might do for this one 😜

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I've been keeping my eye on this one! Absolutely loved the earlier movies. Is anyone pre ordering? I can't bring myself to spend £50+ on a game but might do for this one 😜
I won't be pre-ordering having bought Starfield and that's still keeping me busy, plus my wider backlog. Will probably be looking to buy this at some point next year

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I had Robocop 2 on the Amiga. It was actually quite good :D

This looks a little forced but will remain optimistic as a good Robocop game would be fun. Targeting should be heavily assisted though, or it's just another FPS shooter IMO. Should be able to do multiple targeted auto shootings etc, rather than just the visual highlight that I saw in the demo.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I had Robocop 2 on the Amiga. It was actually quite good :D

This looks a little forced but will remain optimistic as a good Robocop game would be fun. Targeting should be heavily assisted though, or it's just another FPS shooter IMO. Should be able to do multiple targeted auto shootings etc, rather than just the visual highlight that I saw in the demo.
Like the Smart weapons in Cyberpunk or the Smart pistol in Titanfall would be a good way to do it

Although I don't find it personally very fun as it takes the manual aiming out of it which is kind of the point of a shooter

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Like the Smart weapons in Cyberpunk or the Smart pistol in Titanfall would be a good way to do it

Although I don't find it personally very fun as it takes the manual aiming out of it which is kind of the point of a shooter

I can totally understand that side of it, but if it's to be Robocop, it should be different from typical shooters IMO. Otherwise it's just a skin :)

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I can totally understand that side of it, but if it's to be Robocop, it should be different from typical shooters IMO. Otherwise it's just a skin :)
I agree entirely. I got Terminator: Resistance a while back, and it largely feels like just a reskin of other shooters, with the Terminators themselves just being bullet sponges. Still worth a play if it's on sale though!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I see there's a demo on Steam - 38GB?!!!! - will give it a go to confirm the game's continued place on my wishlist, or I'll be removing it!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
38gb for a demo, there having a chuckle :rolleyes:
It's a hell of a lot of fun though and it gives a good view of what the game is all about. I feel like @Scott has got his wish - there's definitely an element of aim assist and as someone who uses a controller for games, the guns feel quite meaty with a touch of vibration feedback from my controller. I am definitely looking to get the full game at some point, and would probably even pay pretty much full price for it if the game is more of that!

Last edited:

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
It's a hell of a lot of fun though and it gives a good view of what the game is all about. I feel like @Scott has got his wish - there's definite aim assist and as someone who uses a controller for games, the guns feel quite meaty with a touch of vibration feedback from my controller. I am definitely looking to get the full game at some point, and would probably even pay pretty much full price for it if the game is more of that!

yeah but 38gb though

Its good to see new robo cop game though, sounds a lot of fun

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
yeah but 38gb though

Its good to see new robo cop game though, sounds a lot of fun
The two videos in QH7's post are the demo. Give either of them a watch (the second has commentary, so you can see instant feedback on how the game feels if that's your thing) and you'll see what the game is about!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Capture.JPG

I enjoyed the demo and would say those reviews are about what I expected - most reviewers enjoyed it and more recommend it than not, but it's not going to be a game of the year contender.