Upcoming Review of Desktop (£750)

Zeeqo

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Guys,

Ordered my desktop on the 10th of Feb (Went into testing today hurrah!) anyways my budget was originally £500 till I realised that would not cover what I needed it for which was playing games / editing to a high spec. I've been checking my orders every day and been going through the forums and you can actually learn quite a lot from the community! I made changes to it thanks to reviews of parts I have seen from threads.

I am hoping to recieve it tomorrow / friday and will do a review when I can. I believe there isn't enough good reputation about PCS at the moment as they are going through a busy period so this may shine a light.

Anyways here is the order, it cost me just over £800, but baring in mind that includes a headset, webcam, DVI cable and a mousepad so the actual desktop was around £750 :)

Case PCS ALPHA TRION 7622B BLACK CASE

Change to: Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4670 (3.4GHz) 6MB Cache

Change to: ASUS® Z87M-PLUS: m-ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6.0, XFIRE

8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti - DVI, mHDMI, VGA - 3D Vision Ready

1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm

CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY

Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler

Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence

ROCCAT™ Taito Mid Gaming Mouse Mat

Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000

Headsets Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Fury

3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Zeeqo

Bronze Level Poster
As promised here it is.

Package arrived on time as indicated by the text I recieved, was well sealed and packed. removed first box to find my desktop at the bottom, everything packed right and was secure, no damage to case during transit and parts were well fitted, all CD's and peripherals were inside and was easily installed to my desk and monitor. Start up was very quick, didn't even manage to see the loading screen while unpacking the other parts and i dont even have an SSD! Set-up to get onto my desktop was quick and simple, Drivers installed no problem and managed to download 4-5 games over the weekend :)

Now to the good stuff. Loaded up Fallout New Vegas, everything was set to ultra along with mods and a texture pack and it ran excellent. No frame dropping everything was smooth to play on and I could still barely hear my computer running! So either my fans aren't running correctly or it was no problem haha.
Same with Call of Duty 4, everything set to the correct resolution and max settings, still managed to run perfectly.
Loaded up WoW (I checked the benchmarks online, it said the 750 Ti would only reach around 40 - 50 on ultra) so naturally I put everything to ultra, installed a few add-ons and let it rip, surprised to see that I was actually getting around 80 - 100 frames even in busy cities so I was over the moon! Was also able to download Sony Vegas and it runs fine with editing gameplay, might be uploading soon who knows

Other than that it runs quickly, no problem with loading programs or installing them, overall I am very happy seeing as it cost me quite little compared to other high end computers! will most likely be getting Battlefield 3 soon so will have to test it on that! Not really into the new high demanding games, debating on Battlefield 4 to see how it runs on that as the 750 Ti as it is only average on benchmarks supposedly :p

Thanks PCS!
- Aaron

steaky360

Nice one :) Always good to hear some good reviews. I am surprised the 750Ti is performing as well as you're saying. Fingers crossed it stays that way for you!