Update on pc taking long [fixed]

alfushoop

I've ordered my pc around 2 and a half weeks ago and it still says its in the "testing" phase, it's been in the same phase since the 6th of October and it's now the 17th.

The site said it usually takes 3 business days to complete the testing but I haven't received any news about my pc for a whole week, is this normal with the site and I should just wait or is something possibly wrong.

I've emailed this to the support and I'm waiting for a response but I was hoping for my pc to be delivered by the end of this week which seems unlikely now, so I wanted to ask for advice here as well to see if this is normal.
Thank you

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've ordered my pc around 2 and a half weeks ago and it still says its in the "testing" phase, it's been in the same phase since the 6th of October and it's now the 17th.

The site said it usually takes 3 business days to complete the testing but I haven't received any news about my pc for a whole week, is this normal with the site and I should just wait or is something possibly wrong.

I've emailed this to the support and I'm waiting for a response but I was hoping for my pc to be delivered by the end of this week which seems unlikely now, so I wanted to ask for advice here as well to see if this is normal.
Thank you
So since the 6th would be 8 working days, that's a long time in testing and if they'd found an issue that would show on your account, I take it you've looked at any reports? I wouldn't email as response can take up to a week, just give them a call first thing in the morning.

Testing, if they don't find any issues is usually around 12 - 24 hours, if they find an issue, they'd post a report on your account to let you know what they found, replace the affected parts and send it back through testing again.

Once it's finished testing it goes through QC just to make sure everything is as it should be which doesn't take long at all and then it's despatched to DPD for next day delivery.

Also, check your junk folder in case an email has gone in there.

alfushoop

So since the 6th would be 8 working days, that's a long time in testing and if they'd found an issue that would show on your account, I take it you've looked at any reports? I wouldn't email as response can take up to a week, just give them a call first thing in the morning.

Also, check your junk folder in case an email has gone in there.
How do you look at the reports, I haven't seen an option for that. Also I've had no emails anywhere since the 6th of October (I've checked everywhere).

I will call in the morning to see why there is an issue as well, is it possible to upgrade the delivery time or something for an extra cost at this stage or will I need to wait?

ianfry

Bronze Level Poster
Mine has also seem to have got stuck. It was tested on the 13th and there is tag showing it has been QC'd which has been there since the weekend but it hasn't dispatched yet and there are no notes on the account. I have however noticed that the name next to the QC item has changed. Bit weird. Perhaps they are having some issues?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Mine has also seem to have got stuck. It was tested on the 13th and there is tag showing it has been QC'd which has been there since the weekend but it hasn't dispatched yet and there are no notes on the account. I have however noticed that the name next to the QC item has changed. Bit weird. Perhaps they are having some issues?
It's possible, again I'd give them a call rather than emailing, it's far quicker.

I wonder if there's some kind of bug in their update system.

If @alfushoop ordered 2 1/2 weeks ago, it certainly wouldn't have been in testing by the 6th, not a chance, would have been in pre production for a good 10 working days before it even entered the build queue, that's 2 weeks. Unless of course you ordered fast build?

alfushoop

Sounds possible that yours has had an issue with it because of the qc change but I'm not sure and I've never used this website before as this is my first custom pc, i'm going to try find out why my pc is having issues in the morning and I'll post it on here but its a little annoying they don't tell you why they are taking long and just have us wait or actively need to contact them to get an answer.

I appreciate the work they do but at least have some reassurance so that customers won't have to worry, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sounds possible that yours has had an issue with it because of the qc change but I'm not sure and I've never used this website before as this is my first custom pc, i'm going to try find out why my pc is having issues in the morning and I'll post it on here but its a little annoying they don't tell you why they are taking long and just have us wait or actively need to contact them to get an answer.

I appreciate the work they do but at least have some reassurance so that customers won't have to worry, I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.
They do contact you at each stage by email and on the account. Have you checked your spam folder? You would have received a link to a 360 degree view of your computer after it had completed the build stage as well. If you haven't received those, are you sure the email address is spelt correctly on your account?

Did you order fast build?

alfushoop

It's possible, again I'd give them a call rather than emailing, it's far quicker.

I wonder if there's some kind of bug in their update system.

If @alfushoop ordered 2 1/2 weeks ago, it certainly wouldn't have been in testing by the 6th, not a chance, would have been in pre production for a good 10 working days before it even entered the build queue, that's 2 weeks. Unless of course you ordered fast build?
They had shown me a image of my pc and that it was built on the 5th so if they had some 3d rendering before they've even produced it then thats concerning as I would not be sure what condition my pc would actually be in, hopefully they are just being slow with the process or testing has found some defects but apart from that they shouldn't have a reason to lie about the product and how long it actually takes.

And yes I have had multiple emails up till the 6th to show progress but after that just complete silence and nothing else.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And yes I have had multiple emails up till the 6th to show progress but after that just complete silence and nothing else.
And did you order fast track? You still haven't answered that?

They're not lying about anything, please don't go throwing accusations like that, there's no cause to.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No just normal but now I'm regretting that decision alot.
I wouldn't get stressed about it, it's a simple phone call. There will be a reason, if something is held up in testing it's usually because they've found an issue they're correcting, I have no idea why it's taken as long as it has, but the phone call will give you your answer in a matter of a few minutes. No point stewing and assuming the worst.

alfushoop

I wouldn't get stressed about it, it's a simple phone call. There will be a reason, if something is held up in testing it's usually because they've found an issue they're correcting, I have no idea why it's taken as long as it has, but the phone call will give you your answer in a matter of a few minutes. No point stewing and assuming the worst.
Yeah I'll see how it is in the morning, it's just if they had specified clearly that it could take 3 - 4 weeks to be delivered in the first place I would've opted for the fast delivery and wouldn't have had any issues but they decide to estimate timefames which is a little deceiving as you would hope they deliver it in the average timeframe (which is currently estimated at 12.5 days)

I've been happy with the service so far and the forums have helped alot but waiting this long for any product is stressful expecially when you have spent more than £2000 on it. I'm grateful for the service but when spending that amount of money on anything you should have some kind of reassurance it's being handled with care.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah I'll see how it is in the morning, it's just if they had specified clearly that it could take 3 - 4 weeks to be delivered in the first place I would've opted for the fast delivery and wouldn't have had any issues but they decide to estimate timefames which is a little deceiving as you would hope they deliver it in the average timeframe (which is currently estimated at 12.5 days)

I've been happy with the service so far and the forums have helped alot but waiting this long for any product is stressful expecially when you have spent more than £2000 on it. I'm grateful for the service but when spending that amount of money on anything you should have some kind of reassurance it's being handled with care.
Firstly, the timeframe expectation of 12.5 days is actually 2 1/2 weeks, so you're still within that timeframe. It's working days, weekends not included, so one week is 5 days.

Remember, this is a custom unit, it's not like buying any other form of PC or laptop, it's bespoke to your exact requirements.

As with any custom fit product, there is no such thing as "expected timeframes", there's absolutely no way of being able to envision issues that crop up, they could have had a bad batch of PSU's or something from Corsair and installed several to find them all faulty. This is just an example, but it has happened before while I've been on the forum and a whole batch of them were faulty out of the factory. Then they have to wait a number of days before getting new stocks shipped by the supplier.

The fact they've found an issue and are correcting it before despatching it to you is actually far more important, the hassle of sending back an entire system to be diagnosed later on down the line is far more detrimental to ones peace of mind than just waiting a few more days for a custom build.

The custom side of it is not particular to PC's either, a custom suit can take months after a fitting to have made. With any custom job, the parts aren't ordered until you purchase the item, it's not as if they have the resources or finances to have massive warehouses with numerous spare new parts lying around, they're ordered when you transfer the cash.

There's nothing unusual about this, some builds sail through without any issues, some unfortunately take a bit longer, it's just the way it is.

I would definitely check your account, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a report outlining the issue they found and what the delay is. If there truly has been no communication then that's unacceptable and definitely worth mentioning to them when you call.

But don't stew over it, any custom product needs a good amount of patience. Believe me, you'll be far happier with a custom PC in it's performance and longevity than buying some OEM off the shelf nonsense that you can't upgrade.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member

Hey @alfushoop ,

My apologies for the delay in your system, please can you DM me your order number so I can look into why your system has not gone out yet?