Upgrade advice to improve performance

Attachments

• Specsw.PNG
    Specsw.PNG
    178.4 KB · Views: 260

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
450W PSU is easily enough for an R7 2700x and a GTX 1050.

Why do you believe your PC is not getting enough power?

What are the problems you have been having?

450W PSU is easily enough for an R7 2700x and a GTX 1050.

Why do you believe your PC is not getting enough power?

What are the problems you have been having?
I have a 1070 forgot to specify
It doesn't matter anyway I'm sure 450 watts is fine even though it says on the box for 1070 that it's 500 watt minimum

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
450W ought to be fine. The minimums recommended for GPUs can assume you have a trash-tier PSU, instead of something like VS which is very budget but still respectable.

What caused you to be concerned the PSU was not enough? Is the PC having problems?

450W ought to be fine. The minimums recommended for GPUs can assume you have a trash-tier PSU, instead of something like VS which is very budget but still respectable.

What caused you to be concerned the PSU was not enough? Is the PC having problems?
It's sometimes not as good with fps in games (I don't know why maybe RAM speed or something) and also it's not very good with previewing on linear editors like after effects and premiere pro, this however could be down to my GPU acceleration, which confuses me because my GPU is on 1% and CPU is on 90 - 100%, not sure if that's supposed to happen with CUDA.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's sometimes not as good with fps in games (I don't know why maybe RAM speed or something) and also it's not very good with previewing on linear editors like after effects and premiere pro, this however could be down to my GPU acceleration, which confuses me because my GPU is on 1% and CPU is on 90 - 100%, not sure if that's supposed to happen with CUDA.
Have you specified hardware acceleration to be on in after effects and premiere pro?

when was the last time you reinstalled windows?

Have you specified hardware acceleration to be on in after effects and premiere pro?

when was the last time you reinstalled windows?
Yes I have got it specified on both, also I tried to install CUDA toolkit and visual studio with it but none of the samples will open in VS.
I haven't reinstalled windows in a long time and it's mainly because I don't want to reinstall all my programs if I use "Reset this PC".
Reinstalling windows with something like a USB flash drive seems difficult. It also probably wouldn't be free because I don't think I have a flash drive capable of fitting windows on it.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
A 16gb flash drive is £5 and handy to have around, precisely for this.

It's easy, much easier than replacing a PSU and having to recable an installed PC. Don't do a reset, you'd want to do a clean install.

The problems you describe are not the PSU, that much is clear at least :)

A 16gb flash drive is £5 and handy to have around, precisely for this.

It's easy, much easier than replacing a PSU and having to recable an installed PC. Don't do a reset, you'd want to do a clean install.

The problems you describe are not the PSU, that much is clear at least :)
ok thanks I'll figure out how to reinstall windows. I hope I won't lose files like everything installed on my C drive.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
That would be a good thing to use.
To help copy files in lots of directories, you can use something like Free File Sync

You could also create an image of the system with Macrium Reflect (also free) - it's a snapshot of the drive which you can then 'mount' (open) and browse the files of / copy files back over from.

Hello, I'm looking into possible upgrades for my PC to make it run faster (Spec list attached)
Feel free to ask questions.

Attachments

• Specs.png
    Specs.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 259

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'm going to merge this into your existing topic because it's basically the same issue and there's a lot of important info in it that people will need to answer the question. I changed the topic title to better reflect the current state of play

The hardware is pretty powerful.

I think you need to reinstall Windows before you start throwing money at this.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As above, there's nothing wrong with your hardware that would warrant an upgrade. You need to troubleshoot your existing issues, the first step being a windows reinstall.