Upgrade options

rouchie

Rising Star
Hi all

God I have missed this place :) after a seemingly endless wait on my last PC a couple of years ago I am now think ing about upgrading so I took a look at the upgrade page on the site where you can select your upgrade components for your old order - my question is - does this automatically see if your selected upgrades are compatible? Will only compatible components be available in the dropdowns?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi all

God I have missed this place :) after a seemingly endless wait on my last PC a couple of years ago I am now think ing about upgrading so I took a look at the upgrade page on the site where you can select your upgrade components for your old order - my question is - does this automatically see if your selected upgrades are compatible? Will only compatible components be available in the dropdowns?
That's the theory, but I'm offered CPUs and RAM that my motherboard doesn't support (i.e. AM5 CPUs and DDR5 RAM).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all

Helloooo, were you one of the lucky pandemic order where gpu delays were multiple months?

How’s it been treating you?

Can you post your full specs so we can see what we’re dealing with?

Can you also post the make and model monitor you’re using?

There does seem to be a bug in the upgrade options where it can show AM5 cpus being compatible with AM4 motherboards which isn’t correct.

rouchie

Rising Star
Helloooo, were you one of the lucky pandemic order where gpu delays were multiple months?

How’s it been treating you?

Can you post your full specs so we can see what we’re dealing with?

Can you also post the make and model monitor you’re using?

There does seem to be a bug in the upgrade options where it can show AM5 cpus being compatible with AM4 motherboards which isn’t correct.
Yes - I was a lucky recipient of cake from AgentCooper for passing the 100 day wait benchmark!

my system info is in the footer - the monitor is as Samsung G7 32"

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes - I was a lucky recipient of cake from AgentCooper for passing the 100 day wait benchmark!

my system info is in the footer - the monitor is as Samsung G7 32"
So you may find the upgrade system offers you 7000 series AMD processors, that's a bug, they're not compatible with the motherboard unfortunately.

But that's a really solid build, well designed.

Is there a specific area of performance that you want to improve? Is your monitor the 4k version or the 1440p one?

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's a great build, really solid. The obvious upgrades would be to a more overkill graphics card (though I'd expect the 3080 is still performing pretty fine?) and more SSD storage: 1.5TB isn't a lot. I'd get a larger secondary SSD and put that 670p in a USB caddy and use it as external storage.

But really you should think about what more you need from the PC, rather than what you'd like to spend on it!

rouchie

Rising Star
Thanks for the help guys - and for the compliments on my current build, I have been really pleased with it and had a lot of good advice and help from these very forums when I was first looking to order! Glad to know the upgrade option is functioning as it should on my order and may look to nab a nice 4090 upgrade along with some more SSD storage before too long! Do you think I would see a noticeable improvement if I upgraded to a 4090?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for the help guys - and for the compliments on my current build, I have been really pleased with it and had a lot of good advice and help from these very forums when I was first looking to order! Glad to know the upgrade option is functioning as it should on my order and may look to nab a nice 4090 upgrade along with some more SSD storage before too long! Do you think I would see a noticeable improvement if I upgraded to a 4090?
Is yours the 1440p or 4k version of the G7?

If it's the 4k, then an upgrade to the 4090 would make a difference.

If it's the 1440p, then not going to improve much.