Upgrade to 32gb ram?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Fair enough. Out of interest, what are you looking upgrade to?
I'm thinking a 7800X3D and probably a 7900XT if prices come down a little more. I'm done with NVIDIA for a while I think despite the bells and whistles. But I'm going to keep my current case because it's just too beautiful.

I updated the monitor and it feels much brighter. Did you notice that on the latest update?
I did, I've only used it for internet browsing and media in Plex, but I immediately noticed much brighter and more popping image from the off, really liked it.

SiAdams

I'm thinking a 7800X3D and probably a 7900XT if prices come down a little more. I'm done with NVIDIA for a while I think despite the bells and whistles. But I'm going to keep my current case because it's just too beautiful.

I did, I've only used it for internet browsing and media in Plex, but I immediately noticed much brighter and more popping image from the off, really liked it.
I keep reading how good the 7800x3d is and it's refreshing to know that the AMD GPUs are fairly priced. I'm hoping in a few years time, AMD have continued progressing with GPUs as it would make it more affordable to upgrade.

I bet you can't wait to test some games out on that monitor. What will be the first game you play on it that you haven't had the chance to yet?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I bet you can't wait to test some games out on that monitor. What will be the first game you play on it that you haven't had the chance to yet?
It's been out for years, but I've been holding off on Control until I could run it fully ray traced, so looking forward to that as an entry into Ray tracing.

What's Alan Wake 2 like from a Superwide perspective, does it scale ok?

SiAdams

It's been out for years, but I've been holding off on Control until I could run it fully ray traced, so looking forward to that as an entry into Ray tracing.

Alan Wake 2 translates onto the ultra wide brilliantly. It honestly looks fantastic.

With control, and I hate to say this now but it looks odd on the ultra wide. I've never played it as it doesn't seem to have the correct ratio. I need to look into again. Its a game I really want to play but didn't seem optimised for that monitor. It could be something I'm doing wrong though.

SiAdams

I found this mod which is supposed to translate control into 32:9 aspect ratio. Would you trust these mods or are they bad news? Hope you don't mind me posting this link.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I found this mod which is supposed to translate control into 32:9 aspect ratio. Would you trust these mods or are they bad news? Hope you don't mind me posting this link.

Some are definitely better than others, Nexus Mods, ModdB and Steam Workshops are among the larger ones, I tend to default to Nexus although no real reason other than they're one of the first I came across.