Upgrade

keynes

Multiverse Poster
How often do people upgrade computers and monitors/TVs?
Haven’t found any issues running any games so far at 1440p except RE 2 remake (some RAM issues).
I think the GTX 1080 ti in SLI should last me for at least 1 more year.
Unfortunately no GPU upgrade options on liquid cooling systems with PCS.
I would still prefer to go with a liquid cooling system as the lack of noise and low temps during gaming are ideal for me.
I was also thinking of upgrading my TV as it is around 6 years old and no support is provided anymore for online content or 1080 resolution with certain apps like YouTube even though is a 4K TV.
I have been lucky not to be affected financially by recent events and cancelling our summer holidays is giving me some extra money to spend. Alternatively I may take the more sensible approach and save!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
How often do people upgrade computers and monitors/TVs?
Haven’t found any issues running any games so far at 1440p except RE 2 remake (some RAM issues).
I think the GTX 1080 ti in SLI should last me for at least 1 more year.
Unfortunately no GPU upgrade options on liquid cooling systems with PCS.
I would still prefer to go with a liquid cooling system as the lack of noise and low temps during gaming are ideal for me.
I was also thinking of upgrading my TV as it is around 6 years old and no support is provided anymore for online content or 1080 resolution with certain apps like YouTube even though is a 4K TV.
I have been lucky not to be affected financially by recent events and cancelling our summer holidays is giving me some extra money to spend. Alternatively I may take the more sensible approach and save!
Just food for thought if you were thinking of upgrading the TV, a lot of the latest Samsung and LG 4k TV's actually include freesync so would make a huge impact if you chose to use it for gaming.

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
thanks!
Most of the TVs on that link are on special offer right now.
Now deciding between OLED or QLED

One alternative to spending on a TV would be something like an Amazon Fire.

Even if Amazon dropped support for an app, with a neat little app on your android phone called apps2fire you can load any app that's on you mobile onto the Fire.

Just a cheaper alternative ;-)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
One alternative to spending on a TV would be something like an Amazon Fire.

Even if Amazon dropped support for an app, with a neat little app on your android phone called apps2fire you can load any app that's on you mobile onto the Fire.

Just a cheaper alternative ;-)
I do have access to apps but 4K content on those is not supported. Placed an order for a samsung TV so hopefully will get it next week.