Upgrades to orders

Muin

Bronze Level Poster
My PC is on its way and should arrive tomorrow. My case has one intake and one exhaust fan (Corsair 5000D) and am thinking I'd quite like to put three RGB fans at the front (obviously to make it go faster). I'm assuming that if I just go to "Upgrade this order" and buy the three Corsair LL120 fans, they simply send them out and I can install them myself? Seems PCS are way cheaper than anywhere else for them. How does it work for other upgrades down the line? Do PCS want the PC sent back to them so they can upgrade it? Can we do it ourselves? Where is the line before it invalidates the warranty? Obviously slapping in a few fans is no big deal but is different to changing out a motherboard, which I'd be perfectly fine doing myself but just speaking hypothetically.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
PCS operate an ‘open case’ policy where you can install components, with a few conditions. You can opt for things to be sent to you, via the upgrades section. Or you can arrange for the system to be shipped to them if it’s a job you’re not comfortable with.

If you look at section seven of their T&C...

Unlike with most computer companies, we allow you to open your case and install your own components without voiding your warranty on the following conditions:

• If the actions of the person installing the components cause damage to the computer, your warranty will be void;
  • If you install components that are not purchased from us and they cause problems with your computer, your warranty will be void;
  • If you install components that are not purchased from us we will in no way support you in installing them or with any problems you have relating to the components you have installed.
  • We will support you in installing components purchased from us providing you have purchased them through the upgrade service available on your online account.
We reserve the right to suspend the warranty or refuse service if your Case, Motherboard, CPU or BIOS have been replaced without authorisation.
Any tampering, repair or modification by unauthorised personnel voids the warranty.

The long and short of it is that they will provide support as long as components have come from them and you’re not taking it to a third party to install/repair. If you’re ever in doubt about anything, it’s safest to give them a call for clarification 🙂👍

Muin

Bronze Level Poster
Ok, having a wee problem trying to order the fans, they ar the only item I've added but I get this message:
1616580348937.png

This is what I see under hard drives:
1616580419965.png

It's not letting me go any further and I don't see any other options.