Upgrades

http://imgur.com/G8i6eJp

that is my current pc will be upgrading ram to 16gb but i have 1 monitor atm but will have a extra 2 monitors soon
i need to get a second graphics card but need suggestions on what one to get to work with my current one and 3 monitors

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you're talking about SLI, then you need to run the same card as you currently have to "pair" them up.

What's your budget for the graphics? are you talking about gaming on three monitors?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
i will be using all 3 to game with wont be top spec games and dont have a budget but aint gunna spend stupid amounts

Without a budget is difficult to give feedback on possible additions. For adding a 2nd gpu you will need the same gpu but whether or not you can do that you will need to check that your motherboard and psu supports sli

£200 is probly my budget

could also just buy another 760 if that will work well with 3 monitors

i could just buy like a 950 i dont need to run sli do i?

Last edited:

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
£200 is probly my budget

could also just buy another 760 if that will work well with 3 monitors

i could just buy like a 950 i dont need to run sli do i?

They need to be in SLI to give you a performance boost, no point in buying a 950...

I would personally sell the card you already have and buy a better one, such as a 970, since it has more VRAM and is faster, both of which will help with multi-monitor gaming

wouldnt get anything really for the 760 and just need them to run 3 monitors even if it 2 cards dont really need a performance boost atm as the 760 runs all games in high specs fine

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
wouldnt get anything really for the 760 and just need them to run 3 monitors even if it 2 cards dont really need a performance boost atm as the 760 runs all games in high specs fine

I just sold both my 760's and got a bit for them. If you don't need the performance boost then why buy another card? The 760 can power 3 monitors, just wouldn't be good for gaming on all 3

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
where did you sell youre 760 and how much could i be looking at

Sold mine to a couple mates, can sell them on ebay for just under £100, so could buy a 970 with your £200 plus 760 being sold.

As I said before, buying a different card other than a 760 won't work with games and is pointless. Best just to sell he 760 and get a new card

I just sold both my 760's and got a bit for them. If you don't need the performance boost then why buy another card? The 760 can power 3 monitors, just wouldn't be good for gaming on all 3

i will be gaming on all 3 i play eve online so would like to have them open across 3 monitors or 2 and having like youtube on the other so just get rid of the 760 and buy a 970?

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
i will be gaming on all 3 i play eve online so would like to have them open across 3 monitors or 2 and having like youtube on the other so just get rid of the 760 and buy a 970?

Yeah, that would be my advice, 2GB of VRAM isn't really enough for triple monitor gaming

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
ive heard that the r9 380 4gb would be really good also whats the diff?

Check benchmarks online to get an idea. The R9 380 is a rebrand of the R9 280 from over a year ago, so the card is getting on a bit now. The 970 uses less power and makes less heat as well.

The R9 380X is supposed to be coming out in around a week and will apparently perform nearly as well as the R9 390 and much better than the R9 380

Check benchmarks online to get an idea. The R9 380 is a rebrand of the R9 280 from over a year ago, so the card is getting on a bit now. The 970 uses less power and makes less heat as well.

The R9 380X is supposed to be coming out in around a week and will apparently perform nearly as well as the R9 390 and much better than the R9 380

that 380x tho isnt that a 8gb and going to be over £300?

and cant afford the 970 atm so will be getting the 960 if i choose that
unless i get some other suggestions that will fit into my £200 price range

Last edited:

LFFPicard

Godlike
Aaaah, Skill Queue online. I know this game well.

It really depends how your playing it then? I had 5 clients across 2 monitors on a 580 and that only had 1.5gb vram.
I usually have my main client on my main monitor with maxed settings and audio, then the other 4 clients go on my second monitor with low/med settings. Oh and watched Star Trek as well :)

Now I have a 970 I do the same, unless I want extra pew pew then I put it through my TV with the third output.

This is how I roll.....

IMG_0704.jpg

Aaaah, Skill Queue online. I know this game well.

It really depends how your playing it then? I had 5 clients across 2 monitors on a 580 and that only had 1.5gb vram.
I usually have my main client on my main monitor with maxed settings and audio, then the other 4 clients go on my second monitor with low/med settings. Oh and watched Star Trek as well :)

Now I have a 970 I do the same, unless I want extra pew pew then I put it through my TV with the third output.

This is how I roll.....

View attachment 7321

i run all in low setting no audio and can run like 4 clients on this 1 monitor atm but will still stick with the low settings and no audio just need it be powerfull enough to do the 3 monitors while on eve with 3 clients 1 on
each screen aswell as whatever i have in the background too such as fb and youtube and such

how i roll atm

12170748_999975810025502_1150094916_n.jpg

Last edited: