Upgrading 6 years later

andjac

Bronze Level Poster
Hello all,

Time for some upgrades i think and some help/guidance is needed and appreciated
On 07-06-2017 i purchased the build at the bottom (note changes to the Graphics card and PSU since purchase)

I run a AOC CU34G2X/BK 34" UWQHD FreeSync 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor & an ASUS 1080p 144Hz but only run it at 60Hz
I play World of Warcraft alot and then occasionally some time into most modern games that get released

I feel the PC struggling at times in wow with addons and weak aura demand as such, this leads me to believe i need to upgrade my mobo & CPU (anything else required if appropriate)
Can someone who is in the know please suggest an adequate upgrade combo. I am open to both AMD or Intel (monitor with FreeSync leaning towards amd but not sure how much impact it has)

Thanks for any and all help

CaseCOOLERMASTER MASTERCASE PRO 5 GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPUOverclocked Intel® Core™i7-7700k Quad Core (4.20GHz @ up to 4.8GHz)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING: LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GB, Wi-Fi - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics CardGigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC 8GB Graphics Card (Got in a half price deal brand new)
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3200MB/R, 1900MB/W)
1st Storage Drive1TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 32MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power SupplyCORSAIR 1000x RM PSU (Got to cover GPU upgrade)
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingNoctua NH-U14S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemGenuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence

andjac

Bronze Level Poster
Hiya, just wondering, are you modding with high resolution texture packs and stuff like that?
No high res mods. Just QOL addons. I run at pretty low graphics quality settings currently just for the CPU to try and keep up during the Raid race

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I think you're looking at CPU, Motherboard & RAM to get a good upgrade (Basically the full platform). If the CPU is struggling with a 4.8Ghz OC then I dont think you'll get more from it.

Cheaper option - 5800X3D, 16GB additional RAM, x570e Motherboard

More expensive option - 7800X3D, 32GB 6000Mhz RAM, x670e TUF Gaming Wifi would be my choice.

andjac

Bronze Level Poster

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yip, that's the parts. Just the RAM is the wrong one. You will need to check if you have the appropriate mounting for your cooler, but other than that.... that's what you will need (along with thermal paste for the CPU).

Thats the correct RAM.

It's worth checking what PCS can offer also. If you log into your account there may be upgrade options for you to send in and for them to carry out for you. Pricing is very competitive. The only down-side at the moment is there are EXPO limitations with the PCS systems, but it's still worth checking purely for warranty considerations etc.

andjac

Bronze Level Poster
Yip, that's the parts. Just the RAM is the wrong one. You will need to check if you have the appropriate mounting for your cooler, but other than that.... that's what you will need (along with thermal paste for the CPU).

Thats the correct RAM.

It's worth checking what PCS can offer also. If you log into your account there may be upgrade options for you to send in and for them to carry out for you. Pricing is very competitive. The only down-side at the moment is there are EXPO limitations with the PCS systems, but it's still worth checking purely for warranty considerations etc.
Thanks for the RAM correction.

Yes, the upgrade section is handy, how i got the PSU upgrade previously. But it gives no option to upgrade mobo or cpu