Upgrading computer in future advice

Hi. I was wondering if I should change my parts for the new ryzen 4000 or new Nvidia graphics card in the future. Will I be able to use the ryzen 4000 with the motherboard and all that.

Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH RGB GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)

Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!

Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)

Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!

1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE

1st m.2 drive
None - WD Blue 1tb from another system

Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER - Noctua NH-U12S

Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0

USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Chris-Wenger

from what I've heard from AMD they decided to change the compatibility with the b450 and will need a bios update to work with 4th gen CPUs

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
As above, if you upgrade the CPU you'll need a BIOS update, not that it will matter but the update also locks out the ability to put your old CPU back onto the board. You wont need to flash the BIOS for the GPU change, just make sure you download the latest drivers

keithbeaks

Enthusiast
Hi. I was wondering if I should change my parts for the new ryzen 4000 or new Nvidia graphics card in the future. Will I be able to use the ryzen 4000 with the motherboard and all that.

Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX TD500 MESH RGB GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)

Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!

Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)

Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!

1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE

1st m.2 drive
None - WD Blue 1tb from another system

Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER - Noctua NH-U12S

Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0

USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

I think the 550 board will be compatible, but check.

Which monitor are you going to be using?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would lower the GPU to the 2060 Super, unless you are looking at competitive gaming? It's a 240hz monitor so the 2070 Super may be warranted, but you need to be sure you actually need that edge.... otherwise it's wasted money.

With regards to the motherboard, you want to select the B550. That way you have future avenues covered. I would also bump up the PSU to the 750w TXm (or RM if you want something a bit better). This covers you for future GPU upgrades as well.

I thought the rtx 2070 super was a 1080p graphics card. Do you guys suggest I get a ASUS ROG strix rtx 2060 super oc 8gb. It’s not on the configurator so I would have to buy it from amazon. Would it be worth it or should I just get the Nvidia rtx 2060 super?

I also said I was going to put in a 1tb WD blue m.2 ssd from my old computer with windows and other programs in it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I thought the rtx 2070 super was a 1080p graphics card. Do you guys suggest I get a ASUS ROG strix rtx 2060 super oc 8gb. It’s not on the configurator so I would have to buy it from amazon. Would it be worth it or should I just get the Nvidia rtx 2060 super?

I also said I was going to put in a 1tb WD blue m.2 ssd from my old computer with windows and other programs in it.
Do you already have the monitor or is it one you're looking to purchase?

I wanted to purchase it because it just fits my budget of £400. I like the high 240hz, g-sync, 1ms and more. Is there a better one you suggest that is cheaper or around the same price?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I wanted to purchase it because it just fits my budget of £400. I like the high 240hz, g-sync, 1ms and more. Is there a better one you suggest that is cheaper or around the same price?
There's only about 1% of human beings who can actually see the difference in anything over about 120Hz, 240Hz monitors are used for competitive gaming where they reduce the graphical settings of the game to achieve high fps, so it looks awful but runs fast, this is because they literally have quite superhuman responses, hence why they're paid millions of pounds per year in competitions.

If you're looking for decent gaming visuals, then 240Hz is not what you're after, neither is 1080p. 1080p is very low by today's standards, 1440p is far superior in almost every way.

Unless you know that you need 240hz, then I'd suggest looking at 1440p 144Hz.

There's only about 1% of human beings who can actually see the difference in anything over about 120Hz, 240Hz monitors are used for competitive gaming where they reduce the graphical settings of the game to achieve high fps, so it looks awful but runs fast, this is because they literally have quite superhuman responses, hence why they're paid millions of pounds per year in competitions.

If you're looking for decent gaming visuals, then 240Hz is not what you're after, neither is 1080p. 1080p is very low by today's standards, 1440p is far superior in almost every way.

Unless you know that you need 240hz, then I'd suggest looking at 1440p 144Hz.

Is there a certain 1440p 144hz g-sync and all that monitor that you suggest that is under £400 and is like not bigger than 25inch

1440p monitors are a minimum of 27", anthing under that would be too small for the resolution.

That’s a problem than. Because of the pandemic, my parents were not able to knock down a wall that just had a closet in it. If they did, I would have enough space for the 27inch monitor. Right now, my table is between 2 beds and isnt big enough for a 27inch monitor

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That’s a problem than. Because of the pandemic, my parents were not able to knock down a wall that just had a closet in it. If they did, I would have enough space for the 27inch monitor. Right now, my table is between 2 beds and isnt big enough for a 27inch monitor
In that case, I would just aim for 1080p 144Hz, and put the spare money into a very strong platform ready for an upgraded GPU when you're able to upgrade the monitor.