Upgrading GPU

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of using the PCS upgrade tool to replace my 570.

Looking at the configuratron and prices, I am favouring the 670. From what I understand its a pretty good card, ofc not as good as a 680 or 690, but will do the job, and be sufficiently more betterer than the 570 to warrant spending some cash to upgrade.

Any thoughts on it, positive or negative?

DED

Narcotics

Rising Star
Yes it would be a really nice upgrade, But is it worth paying PCS to fit it you're probably best off buying a EVGA FTW for £308

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
You don't need to pay PCS to fit it,you can choose to have the GPU delivered to install yourself for £285.84 plus £6 delivery.

Karnor00

Bright Spark
You might want to consider getting a second 570 and running them together. Your motherboard suppots is and your PSU should be big enough.

The upside would be considerably better performance than a single 670 and less cost. The downside would be more heat, noise and lack of a future upgrade path (besides buying a whole new GPU).

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
So I went to actually prattle around and do this, only to be met with what I think is a rather odd warning message in terms of compatibility.

The following is what I got after selecting the 670 and a delivery option...

ibbM4.jpg

I maybe thought it could be a Power issue etc...but not this.

Firstly, I do have a DVD drive, so not sure about the whole case not supporting it thing; but also I can't think the 670 is massively bigger than the 570 to create space issues...my Sniper is not exactly a munchkin of a case after all..

Just odd is all, and if one of the darling admin happens to look at this (now that I can't just prod Gorman to look :) ) a bit of clarity on what exactly is wrong here would be cool (teething perhaps with the upgrade system even?).

Cheers

DED

(Pretty sure that's the first actual technical support question I've had in the whole year and a half! :D )

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Yep, plus the price of a few thousand letters saying sorry for the power going out every other day haha :p