Upgrading question

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Hi guys

Thought I might ask something.

If I wanted to add a new (higher) power supply, new CPU fan (water-cooled) and more memory to my computer, or even a new case, would it be a simple swap?

Also if I decide to buy a new computer, which is way in the future, how would I transfer all my games and game saves to the new computer?

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hey FF.

What components are you wanting to keep is maybe a better question.

Most of those upgrades mentioned look fairly easy, maybe the case being the most taxing my suggestion would be to youtube videos of the different components and see what your comfortable with.

Why do you want to upgrade your rig seems pretty good as it is.

If you google transfering your games there is a number of options.

Steam for example has a back up option that lets you create a back up of your game to either CD's DVD's or a External Drive, then you just install that back up to your new computer or new HDD. Most of if not all of your steam game saves will be stored on the steam cloud and will automatically download once you reinstall the game.

Hope this helps

Mike

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Upgrading is certainly fun.

Looking at your spec, the only thing that is worth upgrading would be either the case or the PSU. Both which can be pretty hard work, requires patience and ofc peace and quiet.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I'm not looking to upgrade just yet. I'm only curious as this is my first ever pc I've owned.

I mentioned I wanted more memory is because I would like it for processing photos in Lightroom 5, and I do a lot of work in it.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Yeah memory is probibly the easiest upgrade, just buy the same that you have from the upgrade section then just push it into the next ram bay and thats pretty much it