Uplay and Origin team up

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Uplay will now offer games from other publishers like EA, as well as putting their games on EA's download service Origin.

spend £17 or more on Uplay and you can get one of the following for free until the 4th March

• Driver San Francisco,
  • From Dust,
  • Might & Magic Heroes VI,
  • Rayman Origins,
  • The Settlers 7
  • World in Conflict,

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I thought you was going to say they are merging clients. Which wouldn't be a bad thing because Uplay is naf!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I will not touch uPlay with a stick, i cant stand it, worse than origin, and servers are so slow, no wonder people pirate PC games

PokerFace

Banned
I thought you was going to say they are merging clients. Which wouldn't be a bad thing because Uplay is naf!

I will not touch uPlay with a stick, i cant stand it, worse than origin, and servers are so slow, no wonder people pirate PC games

I downloaded Splinter Cell: Conviction from Steam and then a while ago when I open the game, I get a Uplay screen on which I have to hit the play button to play the game. What's the deal here? Does it mean the game is a Uplay game that I've just bought from Steam?...if so, how can you play this game "without touching Uplay with a stick" Wozza? (because I know you want to, lol.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I downloaded Splinter Cell: Conviction from Steam and then a while ago when I open the game, I get a Uplay screen on which I have to hit the play button to play the game. What's the deal here? Does it mean the game is a Uplay game that I've just bought from Steam?...if so, how can you play this game "without touching Uplay with a stick" Wozza? (because I know you want to, lol.

piracy is the only way im afraid as they remove these services, but obviously can't be played online, I don't pirate games at all, but I also don't want this crappy service, especially as Ubisoft supplied me with a fake or broken code that came with a disc, and only because the guy at game knew i wasnt joking did i get a replacement

steaky360

I wonder why Steam isn't included in this team of super-best friends?

I only use uPlay when forced by games through steam usually (although I was 'suckered' into purchasing AC3 early which was on uPlay)

SlickShoes

I want to get Trials Evolution Gold Edition but I bet it will only be on Uplay, I have such a large collection of games in Steam now that using another client for one game is something I am not willing to do, i'd rather miss out on the game at release and pick it up a couple of years later for £5 and deal with the other client when I am utterly bored.

PokerFace

Banned
So what exactly is wrong with Uplay?
Is Steam the favourite for all you guys?
Which other clients are good?
How's Greenman Gaming?

Cheers for your feedback.

steaky360

How's Greenman Gaming?

Ahem. Naughty tom.

uPlay is just a poor shadow of Steam imo. It seems to be very slow and often doesn't connect for what appears to be no reason. I must admit, games that play (from steam but through uPlay - FarCry 3 for example - seem to run ok).
It's certainly the favourite client of mine, if I can, I get the game on Steam. I only use uPlay/Origin if I am forced into it.
Origin is ok compared to uPlay but I'm sure there are other clients out there (lesser known ones maybe?) I have no experience of them really.
Greenman Gaming is excellent! Used them plenty of times for games and have not had any issues with them so far :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
How's Greenman Gaming?

Its not that bad if you just use it to play games...dont bother trying to do anything else :)
Steam4life yo
Origin is better than it used to be
Never used all those other random places people buy from...Steam has my cousin hostage...

Very welcome

:D

PokerFace

Banned
Ahem. Naughty tom.

uPlay is just a poor shadow of Steam imo. It seems to be very slow and often doesn't connect for what appears to be no reason. I must admit, games that play (from steam but through uPlay - FarCry 3 for example - seem to run ok).
It's certainly the favourite client of mine, if I can, I get the game on Steam. I only use uPlay/Origin if I am forced into it.
Origin is ok compared to uPlay but I'm sure there are other clients out there (lesser known ones maybe?) I have no experience of them really.
Greenman Gaming is excellent! Used them plenty of times for games and have not had any issues with them so far :)

Thanks Steaky,
I've only played Splinter Cell: Conviction on Steam via Uplay and it's been fine. I only DL though, I don't play online.

Its not that bad if you just use it to play games...dont bother trying to do anything else :)
Steam4life yo
Origin is better than it used to be
Never used all those other random places people buy from...Steam has my cousin hostage...

Very welcome

:D

Thanks DED,
Hope you get your cousin back one day ;)

everything,
yes
nope
no idea...

useful? :stupid:

eerm, thanks Tom :)

Narcotics

Rising Star
Steam FTW but I do buy EA & Uplay games then just add them as a non steam game. I'm not one of them guys that will pay £5 more just because it's on steam when you clearly still have to use Uplay & Origin to play the games anyway.

At least Origin doesn't have the gall to jump up and demand you sign in to it to play games.
Ubisoft really rather try my patience when using their games through Steam.

Open Steam > Finalise Install > Install UPlay > Stops loading > Start again > Update Uplay > Restart Uplay > Update Uplay > Restart Uplay > Update Uplay > Restart Uplay > Update Uplay > Restart Uplay > Opens Uplay > Create a Uplay Account > Register my Game > Check for Game Updates through Uplay > Finally Get to Play Game. -_-'

Uplay then hassles me on my way out of the game too. : /