Urgent help

Hi guys!

I have ordered a PC and its currently in testing stage! I thought that the new graphic cards would not have a massive improvement but boy i was wrong!! I would like to change my 2080super to a 3080 which is only £30 but its like almost double the performance (including amendment cost, so basically it is £1 more)

I am just wondering if my current specs would be sufficient for the graphics card
- TD500 mesh
- ryzen 3700x
- X570 plus
- psu750rmx

Please could someone reply because my order is dispatched by probably tomorrow evening!

Thank you

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)

Motherboard ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!

Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)

Graphics Card 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP - GeForce RTX VR Ready! Change to: 10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - GeForce - RTX VR Ready!

1st Storage Drive 3TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE

1st M.2 SSD Drive 512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)

Power Supply CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead) Processor Cooling

STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER

Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

LED Lighting 50cm RGB LED Strip

Extra Case Fans 3x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120 ARGB + Controller Kit

Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless/Wired Networking WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0 USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS Operating System Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KK3-00002] Change to: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001] Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language Windows Recovery Media NO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED Office Software FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required) Anti-Virus NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE Browser Google Chrome™

Amended and paid for. It says cards only available on 17th of September though

I mean they took my money LOL but i will call them tomorrow to confirm it i guess! I got lucky! :) PC MASTER RACE! WOOO! Sorry I am hyped lol

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh, that's great news if it went through!
It will put you on the preorder list and 3080 should be in stock on 17th.

Yes, it's definitely worth the upgrade, this is just another level of performance generally.

What monitor are you pairing it with? What resolution and refresh rate or make and model if you're unsure?

I would order a better cooler on that CPU, not from performance standpoint, more noise.

You don't mention what case, but worth getting feedback on that also. EDIT, just saw it mentioned in first post, that's fine.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
You've got every right to be! I'm hyped for you! Yeah, get in touch in the morning but I'd suggest using the livechat feature as opposed to calling. Call queue times are around the twenty minute mark at the moment according to recent posts. You should get an answer in five on the chat (y)

Good idea agentcooper, I was thinking to do that instead after I sent that reply on this thread. Ah with the cooler, I am going to see if its that loud, some people say its not, some people say it is. If it bothers me that much, I will change it myself I guess :)

In terms of monitor, I am not sure. I don't want 4k, that I am sure of.

I was thinking of getting a LG27GN850 but I did not trust the retailers selling them on Amazon. So I was then thinking of going with the Asus VG27AQ which seems to be highly rated on Amazon :) But if you have any other suggestions please list them :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My budget is £450 and that would be including some sort of insurance policy to from Amazon
This one is just about to be released, it's on pre order a couple of places but not sure if it's hit Amazon yet.

It's 3440 x 1440 so 1.5 x 1440p on the horizontal and 1 x on the vertical. 144Hz, 1ms response, curved and HDR400.... oh and it's 34"

Should be around £400 (it is on overclockers)

I really don't know what it's going to be like in the flesh but Gigabyte tend to be quite good and this ticks all the boxes specs wise.

Thank you, I will have a look into this

Out of curiosity, it says that the RTX 3080 is available from the 17th of September. Does that mean PCS will have it from 17th of September or will they be able to order it from then?

Also at the moment, I am in testing stage. As I have made an amendment, will it go back to building phase? And since the GPU is only available from the "17th of September" would I keep getting charged for each amendment I make?

Appreciate if you dont know the answers as its a rare transition I assume

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
You were lucky to be able to change to the 3080 as the configurator isn't allowing any 3080 orders till the 17th...obviously already ordered systems are allowed, new ones not

Yeah, I just as an experiment went onto the 'upgrade' section on my account and they're not showing up as an option on there. I wouldn't use the upgrade service anyway. I want to feel one of those bad boys up close :LOL:

Yes, I got very lucky.

I confirmed with them over an online chat that my order has been updated and that they should be receiving the 3080 on the 17th of September but they are waiting for Nvidia to confirm. I guess I was allowed to amend as my build is just sitting there and it will be a quick swap and dispatch I am assuming :).

Also thanks for the ultrawide link Spyder, I just feel like it is way too big for my room lol

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes, I got very lucky.

I confirmed with them over an online chat that my order has been updated and that they should be receiving the 3080 on the 17th of September but they are waiting for Nvidia to confirm. I guess I was allowed to amend as my build is just sitting there and it will be a quick swap and dispatch I am assuming :).

Also thanks for the ultrawide link Spyder, I just feel like it is way too big for my room lol
You'll need to reevaluate your monitor ideas if you're getting the 3080, it FAAAR too powerful for 1440p, needs superwide or 4k 144Hz.

I want a superwide but I just need to rethink my room layout lol, I may have to have the monitor on one desk and the tower on another lol. I will look into both 32" and 34" :)

So just an update, turns out they cancelled my order of the 3080 as it was an error on their behalf. You cannot preorder or buy it until the 17th. However when speaking to PCS on the livechat, the lady said that they had reserved one 3080 for me. Not sure if this is 100% true but I will try and confirm this tomorrow. Right now I am just taking it with a pinch of salt.

Hey everyone!

I hope everyone enjoyed clicking the refresh page today lol. I ordered a 3080 by 2:01pm but I am not sure if I was fast enough. Does anyone know how many 3080s PCS got and how to tell if you have secured one?

Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey everyone!

I hope everyone enjoyed clicking the refresh page today lol. I ordered a 3080 by 2:01pm but I am not sure if I was fast enough. Does anyone know how many 3080s PCS got and how to tell if you have secured one?

Thanks
Apparently they have ordered 2000 but they're delayed in arriving. I don't think there's anyway of telling if you got one, perhaps once they receive stocks, they may update the ones being allocated them to let them know, but couldn't promise that.

Ah thanks for the update. Out of curiosity where did you get the order of 2000 from? I couldnt get any info from their website or live chat. Also do you know the expected arrival date?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ah thanks for the update. Out of curiosity where did you get the order of 2000 from? I couldnt get any info from their website or live chat. Also do you know the expected arrival date?
Another user contacted them and asked. No idea on arrival date, best to call and ask.

Hey so just another update,

I was one of the lucky few to get a 3080.....in fact mine was installed yesterday and is currently being tested. Dispatched hopefully early next week. Time for me to order a monitor. Could someone recommend me a 27inch monitor suitable for the 3080? I was going to go for an ultra wide but I just don't think it will be that practical for me and I doubt I will utilise it that well.

Thanks everyone :)